Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aesthetic Opinions Please....

Ok I know some of you guys will flame me for this but here goes.....

I've been preparing for body and paint work on the Brat. I've been contemplating what it'll look like after the 5 lug swap and some big rims. I also started to wonder about some ground effects sort of body add on, side skirts, spoiler, etc.

This is where photoshop is so fun. Check this out

bluebratside_copy.jpg

And this version, with some body work photoshoped onto it

bluebratsidebody.jpg

I'm not real happy with the front spoiler or the rear end but you get the idea. I like the look of the body kitted version (or atleast how I see it in my head) but I also think the stock lines are pretty mean looking......

What do you think? Remember, this is a STREET rig.

garner

Ok I know some of you guys will flame me for this but here goes.....

I've been preparing for body and paint work on the Brat. I've been contemplating what it'll look like after the 5 lug swap and some big rims. I also started to wonder about some ground effects sort of body add on, side skirts, spoiler, etc.

This is where photoshop is so fun. Check this out

bluebratside_copy.jpg

And this version, with some body work photoshoped onto it

bluebratsidebody.jpg

I'm not real happy with the front spoiler or the rear end but you get the idea. I like the look of the body kitted version (or atleast how I see it in my head) but I also think the stock lines are pretty mean looking......

What do you think? Remember, this is a STREET rig.

garner

What about some nifty fender flares :brow:

What about some nifty fender flares :brow:

Yes, I need to work those into the design, that's next in photoshop. When I clamp the gen 1 flares in place, to me, they need some trimming and part of me wants to not mess with them (they are classics). Perhaps, I'll make molds and modify some reproductions....

garner

Looks flashy - might as well add some bling-bling while you're at it. Hope you have the HP to back it up.

I've been waiting for XIBIT to stop by to pimp my ride......A little Bling but mostly Zing......

I think I've got enough HP to back it up.......

garner

thats right Glenn. I did some nifty drawings when I still lived in Oregon by hand and all I have to say is that they look very similar to the second pic of yours garner. If McBrat still has it, he has a pic of my gen 1 front spoiler I bought from him and it looks very much the same as the one in the pic. Maybe he still has a pic of it somewhere.....

Craven, you have too much time on your hands,,,, :grin:

The second one would definately require a Honda engine swap and under body neon.....

I like em but a bit beyond where I want to go.....

keep em coming!!!

BTW, anyone know who owns "Shark"? I'm curious about how that 5 lug swap was pulled off.....

garner

Garner!...if you are going to go rwd i say throw some some rims with FAT polished dish on them ..

I'm going XT6 AWD tranny, this thing needs as much traction as it can get....

I'm estimating the XT6 suspension stuff I'm swapping in for 5 lugs will widen the track about 5-6" so it's going to have some fat meats on it....

I just ordered some Kamei spoilers to try. I got a front for Gen 1 and a rear for Gen 2, hopefully I can make the rear work with a little heat gun action and some fiberglass.....

garner