Ultimate Subaru Message Board

picking up a '87 Brat Saturday..... pic added

it's paint code 646 - dark blue

taigate is done, as well as the rear bumper. right rear wheel well lip is rusted, but the bed is all nice yet, and only a little bit 'o surface rust on the rockers. doors are solid as well :) the left front fender and drivers doors have dents. I have replacements for all those parts though....

but roof between t-tops and windshield is all dented too... very off. no signs of rolling....

but the best part.... 59k original miles :)

still trying to decide what I'm gonna do with this one :)

man, you find brats, like i find hatches.

i had to start telling people "no" when they mention their "cheap old subaru". i have too many!

you gonna lift that one too? or maybe go for a street mobile once =]

:)

well, it was prettier when it was covered in dirt :)

this one is definitely a off-roader, but man does it run! absolutely no shifter slop. seats are dirty (they had covers on) only 2 small tears in drivers side only.... I took some pics today after getting it back to my parents place... will post them after I get back home....

it's gonna need a oil pump reseal for sure! and it needs exhaust.

it's gonna live up here 'til I clear out some of my other projects....

I'm gonna have a spare 4" BYB kit later this summer, so I think this one will get the kit....

It's got some really cool side decals, that I will model some new ones after....

it originally came from Elgin, Illinois, which would have helped keep the rust monsters away a bit...there's one fingertip sized hole in each rocker.

I pulled the tailgate off already and trashed it... it'll just go into the pile with the body of the other project I worked on this weekend :)

my Dad actually spotted this one nearly a year ago, and it took him nearly 9 months to track the guy down :D

From that side, it looks sweet. The other side dented?(nevermind). It also looks like it has a lift already, must have the susp cranked all the way up?

yeah, drivers door and front fender are dented and painted over badly, but there's barely any rust on the dented side....

the side you see has some issues in the rear wheel well lip...

• 9 months later...

nice truck mick at least urs runs like i told u ill bee getin a cyclop wagon it shood keep happy this week iam byin it. brush gaurd it and drive it oh yeah my brat is for sale 300$ bucks moosen thinks he wants it but not for sure. mick if u could look around see u can sell 4 me blown motor good new tires new axles 55% rust phone 1-828-689-5266 . drove it home with it knockin like hell i cringed when it was knockin it .tor me up mick but like isaid iam gettin a82 cyclop wagon it will replace the 81 so ill be allright;)