Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear-ended by FedEx (what can brown do for you?)

At a stop light with a person in front of me; light still red....bam! FedEx truck rearends me pushing my subi four feet into the car in front of me. :banghead: Damage not that bad, but both front and rear bumbers need replacing/repair.....anyone have any idea what this would cost??? The claims "estimator" is going to look at it next week.....just want to have my guns loaded.

:dead:

cheers..............

They will probably total your car. Get the highest possible pay-off with you keeping the car, and fix it.

You may end up with a salvage title, but on an old Soobie, who cares?

BTW, rear-ended by FedEx, I would go get a medical exam to make sure you don't have a soft-tissue neck injury that may plague you in the future. Better safe than sorry, and they are going to pick up the tab.

It's likely a total; I was rear ended in my Legacy last January and the repair bill came to $1260; you have that as well as front end damage. Also, have your neck checked out....I'm still going to the chiropractor twice a week after 8 months! Good luck.

At a stop light with a person in front of me; light still red....bam! FedEx truck rearends me pushing my subi four feet into the car in front of me. :banghead: Damage not that bad, but both front and rear bumbers need replacing/repair.....anyone have any idea what this would cost??? The claims "estimator" is going to look at it next week.....just want to have my guns loaded.

cheers..............

Hope Boy George wasn't driving.......

Seriously I would heed the advice about insurance others have offered, and plead/witch on the phne to them that before the accident you did have a good reliable vehicle to drive to work, school, vacation etc. and today you are bumming rides. The value of a reliable vehicle, old or high mileage not withstanding, is worth something.

When a soccer mom pushed my parked truck from the street in front of my house into my front yard, the ins company didn't want to pay much since it was old, and had "245K miles"-the adjuster had misread the odometer as 245K when it actually was 215K. When I pointed this out, they said it really didn't matter as anything over 200K was of little value. I climbed down thier throat and told then dont give me that crap last week I could haul a load of lumber or a water heater, travel in adverse weather conditions, go off roading or on vacation, not to mention being a backup vehicle for my other cars. Today I have a pile of scrap that the city was ready to write me a citation for non operable vehicle on. They relented after an hour of screaming and kicked the ante up 500 bucks to a fair price, the best hourly rate I have ever made.

I agree with most everything people have said - my soob has been totalled 2 or 3 times (I can't remember) I got about 80% of the car's value each time (with a little negotiation)

I don't know how hard it is to repair an 84 as it has a different body than the 85, but the bodywork should not be too difficult if you do it yourself, and you could actually make money - ARGUE with the adjuster - point out that you want a car just a reliable and with comperable performance - find an 84 in better condition than yours was in for sale, and make that your target price (if they offer you less) - argue that you would need that much and no less to replace it (then use the money for repairs)

if only the bumpers are damaged - easy repair - if the actually body is damaged, it gets difficult - I would still do the repairs if you car is rust-free, as those are hard to find

you have options

if you like that, you'll love this (oldie but goodie):

fedex-vs-ups.jpg

Alittle off topic, but...

At work we have a Fed-EX delivery driver... and we have a UPS Delivery Driver. Each time the Fed-EX Guy comes in I always say "Hey... our UPS delivery guy keeps talking *************** about you."

And when the UPS driver comes in I tell him "Hey, you know that Fed-EX driver of ours is always talking *************** about UPS, he sais he wants to fight."

Im hoping one day they'll both be there delivering at the same time and maybe I can get them to box :lol:

-Brian

At work we have a Fed-EX delivery driver... and we have a UPS Delivery Driver. Each time the Fed-EX Guy comes in I always say "Hey... our UPS delivery guy keeps talking *************** about you."

And when the UPS driver comes in I tell him "Hey, you know that Fed-EX driver of ours is always talking *************** about UPS, he sais he wants to fight."

Im hoping one day they'll both be there delivering at the same time and maybe I can get them to box :lol:

-Brian

ha i would really want to see that!

cheers..............

hey man first of all good thing you're okay. and second isn't "What can brown do for you" the ups slogan? because fed ex is white. or did you mean "What can WHITE do for you?" :lol:

-Brian

hahaha, that would be great, if they do, get in on film. lol

FedEx or their insurance company should be writing you a check for about $1200-1500 dollars, and you should exercise the buy back if you have a place to keep the car for spare parts, or to repair. Their insurance company will also pay for you to get looked at by doctors and chiropractors to make sure you are okay. MAKE SURE YOU ARE OKAY. YOU CAN HAVE LATENT SYMPTOMS FROM AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS AND YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW YOU ARE HURT UNTIL YOU END UP PAYING FOR IT YOURSELF.