Ultimate Subaru Message Board

older school RX?

I just found this pic in an old article on this site. Its in Japanese so is suspect that they never sold over here but just curious. Did they? Cause if so i just added one more car to my "to own" list. Looks a lot like an 83 GLF though. Suppose it wouldn't be to hard to make one :brow:

Here the link the pic of it:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/80s/projectrudy/sheet8a.jpg

it was never sold here.

that's the one that had the 1800 with dual carb intake....

actually, I believe the heads and cam were different as well, as it was a dual port exhaust. the intake and exhaust valve placement was switched on the heads (thus the cam difference)

Thanks for sharing - I've always wanted a FT4WD T-Coupe. Plus, now I know what the elusive RX I is; as opposed to the RX II (EA82). I also noticed a heading that referenced the LSD (and it does have the D/R in it - 4SPD[?])

Anyhow, I just wanted to say - this car is AWESOME and that I want it really bad. Let's buy one from the JDM, import it here and use it as a flagship car for the USMB :brow: We can share it.

Thanks for sharing - I've always wanted a FT4WD T-Coupe. Plus, now I know what the elusive RX I is; as opposed to the RX II (EA82). I also noticed a heading that referenced the LSD (and it does have the D/R in it - 4SPD[?])

Anyhow, I just wanted to say - this car is AWESOME and that I want it really bad. Let's buy one from the JDM, import it here and use it as a flagship car for the USMB :brow: We can share it.

Why dont you just make one? All the parts are available, altho its a little hard to source the Dual Intake. But it can be done. And I looked real hard, but couldnt find anything on the brochure saying it had a LSD and D/R.

There are a resonable few of them floating around here - i just wish i had space to get one! I already have one more car than i have space for, but can't seem to get rid of one!

If anyone is REALLY keen, you could see how much it would cost to ship from New Zealand to the US!

I just found this pic in an old article on this site. Its in Japanese so is suspect that they never sold over here but just curious. Did they? Cause if so i just added one more car to my "to own" list. Looks a lot like an 83 GLF though. Suppose it wouldn't be to hard to make one :brow:

Here the link the pic of it:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/80s/projectrudy/sheet8a.jpg

That was my first Subaru (long Island, NY). I bought it used. It only had FWD and had a digital dash, The trip computer was neat, but actually screamed when it died. the car called it quits at 226K, with the original clutch. The car still ran, but cancer cought up to it.

Odd i thought it was limited edition for america, as the drivers seat was where it belonged, but it did have the dual carbs.

nipper

That was my first Subaru (long Island, NY). I bought it used. It only had FWD and had a digital dash, The trip computer was neat, but actually screamed when it died. the car called it quits at 226K, with the original clutch. The car still ran, but cancer cought up to it.

Odd i thought it was limited edition for america, as the drivers seat was where it belonged, but it did have the dual carbs.

Interesting that yours had dual carbs... must have been a special order or setup, but not an RX (at least not in this sense).

The japanese RX is clearly 4WD... and judging by the brochure, where it breaks down gearing, it looks like it was a 4-speed single-range...

count the gears and look at their ratios...

1st... 3.636

2nd... 1.950

3rd... 1.344

4th... 0.942

Reverse... 3.583

next is 1.000/1.203, which... wouldn't that be final drive?

then 3.700 would be rear diff ratio, right?

Looks cool but I still want the hatchback that was in Cannonball Run or maybe Cball Run 2! Digital dash and the ability to spool the turbo up until you jump over things!!! Way cool!

not to be an rump roast but i thought it was a mitsubishi in cannon ball run2 eather way i totally agree

it looks like it was a 4-speed single-range...

count the gears and look at their ratios...

1st... 3.636

2nd... 1.950

3rd... 1.344

4th... 0.942

Reverse... 3.583

next is 1.000/1.203, which... wouldn't that be final drive?

then 3.700 would be rear diff ratio, right?

Dual Range. Hi (normal) 3.700*1.000=3.700, Lo 3.700*1.203=4.451.