Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Calling John Bloom (again)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, wheres the engine? All it looks like there, is a intake and alternator sitting on the x-member ;)

Oh, I forgot, some of you with lifts have the engine still on the x-member :-p

Sub-frame baby :brow:

Glad you got the tranny in, now when you coming out?

Turbone is right,

It looks like the engine is way down there?

Is that what all lifted engine compartments look like?

Not used to that look?

yep, they all look essentially like that

it probably looks worse without the intake on it.

Hey Noah, where's the killer smile that's supposed to be in that picture?

Still working on the wiring, when its running, i'll be smiling soo big it won't even be funny

Just a heads up, that million wire junction box with the 10 mm bolt that connects the two halves, yeah, make sure that's tight and that will save quite a few headaches.

yep, they all look essentially like that

it probably looks worse without the intake on it.

No, not all look like that. There are some of us that have a sub frame built above the x-member that the engine mounts to. It brings it back up to the original position, and out of the water and muck.

I seem to be having a small issue with the ignition relay, it should be grounding into the ECU, but when i apply 12 volts to the power side it dosnt' click :-\

Have you verified that the relay works by giving it power and ground directly?

Have you double checked that all the ground wires were done properly? I can't remember how many there are, something like three or four at least.

so the pump works now, but i've not got spark the coil seems to be getting power but i'm stumped.

Austin had mentioned a coil resistor that was on the legacy passenger strut tower, but i don't seem to see it on the schematic.

so the pump works now, but i've not got spark the coil seems to be getting power but i'm stumped.

Austin had mentioned a coil resistor that was on the legacy passenger strut tower, but i don't seem to see it on the schematic.

There is a little black box unit related to the coil. I'm not sure what it does, as I've heard it called several different things, but you DO need it for the ignition system to function. It's a little box maybe 1.5" by 1.5" with four or five wires going to it.

There is a little black box unit related to the coil. I'm not sure what it does, as I've heard it called several different things, but you DO need it for the ignition system to function. It's a little box maybe 1.5" by 1.5" with four or five wires going to it.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of it, so i know what i'm missing :banghead:

Are you talking about the Ignitor? i hope you are, cause i have that, the one that bolts to the firewall, where the spare would be if the legacy was a GL

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of it, so i know what i'm missing :banghead:

Are you talking about the Ignitor? i hope you are, cause i have that, the one that bolts to the firewall, where the spare would be if the legacy was a GL

Dang, no pics of it, and I couldn't get a good pic in the dark. You could go look on your other wagon and find it.

Oh wait, if you've got a Chilton manual, there's a picture of it in section 2-6. It's fig 17, and they refer to it as the ignitor assembly.

Haynes' legacy manual has it in section 5-5, fig 9.3.

Awesome, i'll have to try that tomorrow, hopefully it points me in the right direction.

I'm sure its a ground or power problem, everything worked like a champ when i took the motor out of the car. it was the DD for over a year.

Yup, the LED just goes in line and ground it on the other side.

cool, i'm not so worried anymore, i have spark, and she runs. might even be able to take her on the road tomorrow, but there is still a lot of buttoning up to do, sensors, ignition switching and all that fun stuff.

I'll definately get the check engine LED hooked up eventually, but i want to take her round the block first. :grin:

Northguy.....I'll chew, swallow, and Sh*t your $$ out my a** as soon as I humanly can....So I can be done with you too...

:o

So John, it has been a week and no word. Is there a time frame I could expect? Not trying to rush you, just want to know what to expect.

John im think im going to be up in your neck of the woods come thanksgiving time and ive been thinking ej22 adapter plate for my ea82. If you see this post send me a PM. Oh and I spoke with Nels recently and yes i did get that weber on and tuned. I hope the rain isn't too bad up in OR.

best,

neal