Ultimate Subaru Message Board

phat score! another RX for me! (pics added be ware)

just had to come here and show my excitment. a guy at a shop around the corner from ours also does rally /rallyX. he put together an RX for the rallyX that happened yesterday but killed the motor when out testruning it on friday. he got frustrated and wants it gone for the cost of parts he put on it. I looked at it today. its a white hatch like my last one. It has a FMICfrom a mercedes. rally tires and spare parts along with some other mods. it still runs but is puffing a lot of blow buy.

I have a spare motor that I was waiting to drop into something. well I think somthing just came along.

My wife is pissed. I will be sleeping in the dog house for a while.

who knows I may put it up for grabs after I get it running good again. or sell off some of the other vehicles here.632120_2100-med.JPG632120_2099-med.JPG632121_2103-med.JPG632121_2107-med.JPG

yeah I am stoked about it. My partners at work wanted the car too. I just got to it first.

no rear seat in the RX I will have to use my wagon to sleep in.

I think she is warming up to the car. espically because I told her she could plan another vacation to where ever she wants. heck who needs money. I only have to work two jobs to help support all our hobbies/adventures.

pics will come after its completely in my possesion right now its sitting at our shop.

Nice score! We're waiting on pics...:banana:

No need for the dog house. Fold down the back seats in the RX and lay a sleeping bag down :drunk:

PICs added. as you can see its a bit of a strange beast. it will be fun when its up and running. got the short block assembled yesterday and have most all the parts to complete it except the lightened flywheel I need to pick up on monday. next season I will be playing with the big boys in 4wd open class. woo hoo!

I need a decent used TD04 wrx turbo if anyone knows where I can get one at a reasonable price

as best as I can figure the scoop is off an RX7. whatever it was had an aluminum hood.

dont know what the lights came off of. VW? mabey like a dasher or somthing.

the intercooler and hoses were from some mercedes. c230? not too sure what he said it was.

I am most interested in how those Rally tires will grip in the dirt.

ran into a slight problem on assembly of the motor. one head bolt thread is striped out in the block. I need to find an insert.. actually a full set of inserts would be best. delay of game.

allright you asked for it. heres a big ol grill shot. I cannot get it straight on because its in the garage.

the last guy was concerned about air flow I guess.

I did not ask a lot of questions at the time because I did not want him to change his mind about the deal.

632121_2108.JPG