Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Top Speed?

i dont mean speeding or anything like that, i mean, like maybe someone has taken it on a track or something.

I've never been to a track, so i can't help you there, sorry. i do know that my 88 DL 4wd didn't like anything much above 70 anyway. those wagon bodys are bricks.

I had my carbed 81 wagon up to 105 chasing my brother on his street bike, took me a long while to get there, about 3 miles to the floor and finally got there, talk about taching a motor out!!!

Also i had my 84 GL10 turbo up to 130 coming back from the mountain, started on down hill but leveled out for about 2 miles and checked by way of GPS, havn't gone that fast again, don't know if it's to smart anyway.

I swear that thing has more power than it should!

~CHIM~

85 is about as fast as I'd like to go in the RX on a daily basis. Anything higher and my wallet seems to suffor.

I did have it up to 97 on a downhill stretch comming home from Reno one night.

-Brian

chu needs to read bettar senor! he said non turbizzle charged

hehe

silly junkie

I managed to get up to about 95 once between Las Vegas and Barstow, but I was getting a lot of help from the Mercedes I was drafting.

I've always been impressed with the engineering on Subarus, but I never could figure out why they bothered to put a 125 MPH speedo in them...

I would think a turbo EA82 should do about 105mph But I don't really know.

Not trying to hi-jack the thread here but a EA82 Turbo in good condition is capable of doing WELL over 105mph.

As for your non-turbo stock EA82 SPFI. If it is truely stock, tires and everything, I would highly recommend not going more than 100mph, even on a track. Now with tire and suspension upgrades, on a track, I would feel comfortable seeing if i could get that spfi motor up to 120.. a 5spd in good condition should be perfectly capable of it.

• 3 months later...

My N/T SPFI wagon has 29's on it and gets up to 80 on the spedo.... last time I was stopped in it the cop said I was going 71 when I thought I was doing 55ish.

My fwd XT6 maxxes out at 140:burnout:

--------------------------------

~Phil

Only lowered FWD 5-speed XT-6 evAR

1987 Lifted "outback" Wagon

84 lifted BRAT kinda for sale

Gen 1:32 "and on the end of the sixth day,

God created signatures. And God saw that it was good."

well in my N/A ea81 wagon that only likes to run on 3 cylinders alot, I've had that thing up to around 90-95 I think(redline in 4th gear, 4mt)... and still pulling but not nuf gears.

although I know they aint subarus... but i've had my 93 jeep cherokee when it was stock with the 4.0L motor up to around 150 when it hit the rev limiter, and my nissan 720 maxxed out on a steep downgrade at about 90mph(thing doesnt have ANYTHING above 45mph, thanks to 322k miles on original engine.. :) )