Ultimate Subaru Message Board

West Coast Subaru Show #8 date and venue decided.

Change-o-subject here...

How about food on site? Last year's Winnebago with the coffee and other light breakfast and snack items was perfect. As I recall, there was some simple prepared food in the "cafeteria" also (burgers, pancakes, etc.)..very convenient to not have to leave the "action":D to eat, or have to transport equipment 1200 miles to prepare food (Obviously, I like to travel light:lol: :lol: ).

Just my 2 bucks

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this year i think I will be towing my cargo trailer to the show, with the imp.. so I will have lots of room for parts for sale, or parts bought.. or camping gear/food/cooking supplys :)

or.. whatever!

and Jibs.. ya gotta be at the show... its gonna be a party!!!! and whats a party without you?

ps.. I am packing soon to head back to Seattle... heading out of here in June :burnout:

Last year I was there in a 78 brat that cost me $75, and made it from San Luis obispo, CA to the Oregon Dunes, to the top of Mt. Baker, WA, trailriding at the show in Shelton, and back down the california redwoods coast. :lol:

That piece o junk is still running believe it or not, sand in engine and all...

100_0606.jpg

This year We're binging a $300 Subaru in sted of the $500 one we broght last year! I must hold the title for the cheapest running and driving subaru! Maybe next year we'll shoot for $200!:slobber:

Did I mention the t-shirts this year are gonna be pretty kick rump roast? Less than two weeks we'll have them up for pre-order. They'll be back from the shop on the 1rst of May if on schedule.

Short sleeve royal blue and long sleeve ash wil be the colors. PK's license plate logo will be the artwork. 6+ colors!! :headbang:

Did I mention the t-shirts this year are gonna be pretty kick rump roast? Less than two weeks we'll have them up for pre-order. They'll be back from the shop on the 1rst of May if on schedule.

Short sleeve royal blue and long sleeve ash wil be the colors. PK's license plate logo will be the artwork. 6+ colors!! :headbang:

Awesome! :)

• 1 month later...

hope to come again this year...less one car if i cant get it running but il lmake a showing.

Also i think its hilarious how just after the initial announcment there was about 12 posts about ..."well i guess ill have to get the car running again" :grin:

just thought it was funny:drunk:

• 2 weeks later...

hey gang

well sheeeeit. i have to save all my vacation time for one big splurge. dad is paying airfare to spain for any of us kids that want to bicycle with him on the camino de santiago, a 800km pilgrimage. i can't let the old fart go by himself!

so, nvzeno and junkie, i will be there, but probably blast up after work on Friday, and back on Sunday afternoon.

flog the old 'roo, which is running pretty fantastic right now.

i have some wagon wheels (two sets), a hood, two front fenders, and other bits if someone wants them.

i will stay at the show, instead of my sisters, make sure you all don't have too much fun. now that the steering rack is replaced and the lsd installed, the mud pit will see the pkmobile! :grin:

dave

reeeeeeelly?

mine has been tweaked a bit too. that '81 tranny helped a lot, and a big exhaust all the way back from the y pipe. growl! :brow: lot more snap to the throttle. i need a weber next, but i am trying not to throw any more money at it.

you'll be going up earlier than friday afternoon?

usually when I bomb up like that I head up Hwy 101 to Crescent City, then Hwy 199 to Grants Pass, and I-5 drone the rest of the way. It's 12 hours that way. Leave at 3pm, get there at 3am, i could stay at the sisters friday night, but i bet there will be people up at the rally.

dave

reeeeeeelly?

mine has been tweaked a bit too. that '81 tranny helped a lot, and a big exhaust all the way back from the y pipe. growl! :brow: lot more snap to the throttle. i need a weber next, but i am trying not to throw any more money at it.

you'll be going up earlier than friday afternoon?

usually when I bomb up like that I head up Hwy 101 to Crescent City, then Hwy 199 to Grants Pass, and I-5 drone the rest of the way. It's 12 hours that way. Leave at 3pm, get there at 3am, i could stay at the sisters friday night, but i bet there will be people up at the rally.

dave

Dave, good to hear from ya.

We'll be there probably early Friday (barring any breakdowns:-p ), we'll save a spot for ya at our camp.

You still have my c-phone number (in case you need to communicate), right?

Dave, good to hear from ya.

We'll be there probably early Friday (barring any breakdowns:-p ), we'll save a spot for ya at our camp.

You still have my c-phone number (in case you need to communicate), right?

my number for you is a (775)230 number

says it is a home number.

izzat right?

it'd be great to have a place to crash, but will you be over in that same corner? it would be vewy vewy late. i might just sleep on the side of the road somewheres.

dave

Mendo... yeah, I'll prolly be leaving either Monday night or Tuesday morning, so i should be at the show thursday night, friday mornin. Not sure really what the plan is, i just went for all the vacation time i could get :) Me and Jibs are plannin on headin up together and maybe stopping along the way to do some wheelin or just take our time.

Dont know which direction we're taking yet either... should start to plan this all out.

-Brian

my number for you is a (775)230 number

says it is a home number.

izzat right?

it'd be great to have a place to crash, but will you be over in that same corner? it would be vewy vewy late. i might just sleep on the side of the road somewheres.

dave

Yeah Dave, that 230 number you have is my cel..good coverage the whole way IIRC, and at the show too:clap: .

I may go up with TSJ and Jibs, we still need to work out those details.

I guess we can shoot for the same corner, although TSJ and I breifly touched on another location within the fairgrounds. We'll keep you in the loop on that one. Not sure if the gates are locked after a certain hour, we'll look into that too.

• 3 weeks later...

ok so i had a random idea..if its gonna be another heat wave during the show, what do you guys think of maybe settign up like a canopy with a misting system. even if its ghetto using a hose with a bunch of pinholes in it, im usre it will help people cool off due to lack of shade.

So any new info?

No, not really. Ken and I are more busy and less enthused than in years past. Scoobyclimb's outing into the hills should be a pretty big highlight. A big caravan of Soobies off in the hills together. Should be some kind of first as far as #'s for an Off Road Gathering type thing. :brow:

Well, I took the last hour starting from page 1 through page 17 seeing exactly how many of you guys seem to have interest in going to this years WCSS8. Last year I attended Sheltons and really enjoyed it. Here is the list from this Forum that are going. Very Impressive Indeed..

1) Zapar (96 OBS tall kind)

2) A Dog (81 GL lifted 89 xt6 spd)

3) Subarutex (83 brat)

4) Bratsrus1

5) Randomizer (sedan)

6) Jibs (9 brats 3 wagons)

7) NoahDL88 (88 ej hybrid, 96 obs)

8) Caboobaroo (89 rx sti, 78 brat)

9) NVBigBlue (86 hatch)

10) Soobmater (lifted 85 gl wagon, 84 gl wagon)

11) Syphon

12) Ratty2Austin (94 5spd awd ej22 impreza wagon)

13) NV Zeno (83 4x4 wagon)

14) Subieman (84 gl, 90 leg)

15) ShawnW (84 vanaru, 83 wagon 2.2)

16) Turbone (can’t decide out of 6 cars)

17) Carfreak85 (wagon)

18) Sparkster054 (93 legacy wagon)

19) Suberdave (87 lifted 88 wrx wagon)

20) Subaru Styles

21) Flowmastered87GL (05 baja sport)

22) Rllywgn (88 gl-10 turbo sedan)

23) Cmiller (92 loyale 4” aa lift)

24) Nicky nighteyes (82 solid gold brat)

25) GLCraigGT (84 gl, 94 gt)

26) 92 LegacyTurbo

27) Mudrat79 (monster)

28) Nuclearbacon (gl-10, turbo wagon)

29) Mr. Carb (86 xt turbo, 84 brat)

30) Ever Victorious (88 xt6 awd)

31) Yodannyc (87 gl wagon)

32) Rallyx38 (02 wrx)

33) Richierich (85 brat, 92 turwagon 00 leggt)

34) Ventra (99) L

35) TheSubaruJunkie (87 rx modified, 84 gl lifted)

36) Jalopy (9 gen brats, and more)

37) Scott in Bellingham (87 GL 4” sjr lift)

38) Buddy (85 gl se 4wd wagon)

39) Zefy (Canadian 79 Brat)

40) Dr. RX

41) Spanky Pete (82 Devil Wagon)

42) Rebello240zx (92 loyale lifted 4”)

43) Rallyx38 (02 wrx)

44) 1bignose (84 4x4 wagon gl)

45) Eurowrx

46) Roundthebend (forrester sti)

47) Edrach

48) Pooparu (82 hatch 78 brat 90 gl10)

49) Simbey1982

50) Mendodave

Maybe

1) AndyJo (97 obs)

2) Numbchux (88 wagons, 92 loyale)

3) Snowman

4) Northguy (probably not)

5) Flyboy

6) Crazy D (no Subaru)

7) RenaissanceMan (AMC Eagle)

8) Subieless (no Subaru)

So here is the question... Do we want more Subarus or keep it to the minimum to avoid it being too crowded?

In the mean time, if I do invite anyone, I will let them know it's a family oriented event and there will be no excuse for inappropriate behavior/reckless driving/ drinking except in the beer garden.

Also, Outbackwbeer was planning on the route for the drive, one of you guys putting on the mud pit, and Paul Eklund putting on a rallyx. If you guys really want more people out there, the Rallyx would be a great way for a bigger turnout. Or.. .We could just drop the whole thing of the rallyx and just keep it show, but I don't think everything wants to go there for just showing off there car. The whole presence of being with your family is enjoyable too.

Anyways just my thoughts and I'm right there with Eric, Corky, Ken on helping you out that weekend. The day before i'll just be arriving from Rally Finland so it will be quite the week!

Bryan

(360) 920-9698