Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how many miles does your Ej22 have??

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ej22 I put into my OBW this past fall now has 210k on it, 9K I've put on myself. Burns maybe a qt in 5k miles. I've got another one with 150k waiting for a car that needs it. The one in the wife's former car has a ej22 with 170K doesn't burn oil but does rap some and I've got one in a 96 imp with 160K that runs so quiet you almost can't hear it. :grin: Just for comparison I've got a 96 ej25 with 60K HG blown piece of junk motors:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1995 Impreza 2.2 ; 252,000 miles on her.

replaced tranny at around 240,000, with one 100,000 miles younger.

changed oil and filters every 3-5k. Use Lucas oil stabilizer. Replaced steering rack and pump (which was leaking bad).

Just did a nose job on her. First time for me and it was soo easy.(except getting the crank bolt loose.)

Gotta keep up the maintenace. Running great!

needs struts. and suspension bushing wouldn't hurt.

I have almost 230,000km on my 98 Legacy L right now and hope to go many many more with it if I can keep the rest of the car in good working order. It was doing great until just recently when everything seemed to start to fall apart. Since I got the car 4 years ago I've replaced the gas filler neck, both front axles (torn boots), a front bearing (sp?), a flange in the exhaust system, the timing belt and now I have a leak in the gas tank system somewhere yet to be determined. One front axle, exhaust flange, the bearing and the gas tank all cropped up in the last 6 months.....blahhh. I hope this is just a bad run and issues will settle down for a while after the gas tank is fixed.

My old beat up Loyal made it to 330,000km and was nowhere near as well maintained when I first got it as my current Legacy, so I hope the Legacy will keep going a LONG time.

• 4 months later...

92 Legacy AWD Sedan 2.2L 5 spd was bought new for my darling wife. All maintenance done on time. She now has 343,000 miles on it. Engine has never had a problem. Used 5w50 Castrol until they changed formulation in 2000, then 15w50 M1. Oil change every 5000 miles. Tranny was rebuilt last month for the 1st time. New clutch (1st) at 286,000 miles. All struts at 191,500. Believe it or not, still runs like new and burns very little oil. Almost all mountain (Sierra Nevada) miles.