Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Me=Owned:(

Well. Good thing I have the spare motor.

3rd gear - 7200rpm - 10psi

whats that I see? smoke coming out of the back of the car?

hmmm

Park.. oil everywhere. Even up in the hood scoop. Everything externally appears to be in tact.

3 miles home took 3 more quarts of oil and the light came on again just as I Pulled into the neighborhood.

Haven't looked for the source yet, but I am thinking it is the rear main (brand new). I have a sneaking suspicion one or more of my compression rings bit it and allowed boost into the crank case. Thus blowing the rear main out.

I'll update in a week or two when I get enterprising enough to pull the motor and look. I have a low mileage spider motor sitting in the garage. I guess its time to see how an NA spider motor like a TD04:banana:

Originally Posted by ballitch

but i know deep down in caleb's heart, he wants a General Electric FE100-GE-132 jet engine strapped to his intake manifold

~Josh~

Fixed again for accuracy:D

why do I always have to fix you guys' typos?! :banana:

just kidding by the way

rofl :D here's the breakdown

- Joining the New Zealand air force: $2000

- Bribing my way to the top: $1,000,000

- Bribing a few politicians to let the airforce have jets again: ten bucks and a transistor radio for each politician, equals $400,000 and 20,000 satisfied idio- uh, politicians

- Swiping the jet engine and mount from a Tornado fighter: $50 for a crowbar and beer for the lads

- Shipping to the United States: $97,950.99 for six-week standard surface mail for one "industrial strength hairdryer"

so all up it's $1,500,000.99, Visa, cheque or cash. :cool:

Ej22 Ftw...

you know, something reliable and with 1 timing belt that rarely breaks, a coilpack ignition, and regular unleaded pump prices?

True,

But if I wanted reliable, I wouldn't be driving an old subaru;)

Besides, I just got done driving a buddy's legacy wagon. Ick.. It has teh slowwwwww:-p

I probably won't be going EJ unless a wrx motor falls into my lap for next to nothing. NA EJ22s bore me, and Turbo EJs are $$

Timing belts? I have yet to break one.

Gas prices? Meh.. I spend about $20 per month on gas for the subaru. I drive way too much to seriously consider a subaru for my daily driver. New ones are too expensive and old ones are too.. well.. old.