Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Difficulty of adding Brat T-Top to Hatch??? And...???

I think any year that had T-tops will work.Search under "fun tops" for this and I think you will find the info you need.Good luck.
ugh...waded thru tons of threads and no luck finding anything on fun top swap from Brat to Hatch/Wagon...found one that was a hard top to fun top swap on a Brat. ~~Lucas

Right now I'm just looking for as much info as I can about how to get it done...If/When I do the swap I want it done right...I am a welder but would get help at the least and if I find it's something I'm not comfortable doing, I will find someone to do it profesionally...I not only want it to look good but to be safe....I also plan to put a roll cage in my hatch but I had that planned before I ever thought of the T-Top. Any info anyone has would be much appreasated...Thanks ~~Lucas

Hey Lucas This is Jerry, come to the show this year and you will see a 86 hatchback with that set up and alot more. I am cutting my 86 hatch and it will be a hatchbrat with the Tee tops and alot more. Come to the show and see. Thanks Jerry
I'm planning to be there this year. And hoping to have a new front and rear bumper made, my roof rack finished, and the interiour pretty much done....will see how much of my plans get finished. but over all I'll do best to be at WCSS8!!! ~~Lucas

I always wanted to take a brat.... cut the thing in half just past the drivers door.. Then take my wagon cut the thing in two halfs.. first cut between the front and rear door... then cut the end off just past the rear door.. End up making a 4 door brat just like the baja...

• 3 months later...

Hey guys. Guess I'll come out of the shadows to give some insite to this. First, I went to about a dozen body shops who told me either they wouldn't, couldn't or it would be outragously exspensive. I got very lucky and found a guy from Belarus who took it on. I did all the finishing work, grinding welds, all the filling and the sanding and painting and it still cost me $800. You will need to be very exact in your measuring, Nick (the body guy) told me in Belarus they have a saying....."measure 100 times, cut once". He seemed impressed that in America we only measure twice:grin: . The back halfs will not match up and you will need to add in a strip of metal. What Nick said he did was took a strip of metal off of one side or the other (I can't remember which side) turned it upside down and welded it in and it made a good fit. As for problems I only have one. A couple of small leaks. One I fixed by changing out the passenger side T-top, seems to have bad seals. The other is in the window seals on the doors and as long as I don't get any high pressure water going straight at it it is fine. I just stay out of car washes:rolleyes: . I hope this helps, Tim

13bondo_boy_2.jpg