Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally got them up.... lotsa bricks in my wagon!

415 bricks to be exact, plus a couple cynder blocks and some cast iron drain things. It hauled this plus me and a friend....... did ok until we hit hills and then the going was uh... slow. Let's see a Baja do that! :D

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

I won't kill everone with a slow connection, so you can see more here http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/Silverbullet25RS/Other/

There are some on both pages I think. You can see in the pics, I was work out after loading all those things... I'm the blonde guy BTW.

Obviously I see a heavily loaded car, but what's really painful to look at is knowing that someone actually manually handled 415 bricks (+ the other stuff). After handling about 8 or 10 bricks of a load about that size, I called in someone to move the rest..I've got too many years and enough "resources" to pay someone to do any backbreaking work like that...congratulations, nice job:clap: !

but I can hose the back of my baja out after hauling stuff. :grin: i personally don't like having brick dirt in my car either. ;)

Who is the chick with the RS? she is cute and has a cute cat too.:headbang:

Yeah, but since I wrecked the car and had a battery turn over in the rear, I removed the carpet. So I too hose the back of mine out. :D

Chick with the RS is my girlfriend (most of the time....don't ask).... and it's not her cat belongs to the friend with all the bricks.

It was a PITA to load all of those bricks, but made for a nice photo op....and I have no idea what it weighed... I'd say each brick was 5lbs (+ or - 2lbs due to mortor) the cynder block things were maybe 10-15lbs.... there were about 5 of those and two of the cast iron things weighing in around 40lbs or so.

Thanks on the Mach 1, it's my dads..... I almost bought it, but it came down to that or the RS... I like a/c and good gas mileage too much now..... so RS I went. It is for sale (as well as my Torino) if you know anyone that's lookin'

I did this once. When I bought my 1st Scoob, back in 87. The car was a month old when I got the bright idea to haul a 1/2 skid load of bricks about 30mi. from my house to my dads. Since the car was new, I had always heard that they are built tough and long lasting, so I wanted to put it to the test. I laid out plastic sheeting across the back with the rear seats folded down. I even had the sheeting on the passenger front. I stacked all the bricks evenly in the back and stacked them on both front floors and passenger seat in the front. The weight was distributed throughout the car and it was squated on all 4 tires. I made it there without damage and trudging some of the hills were a real chore on the drivetrain. Made me a believer!!!

Yeah! :banana::banana: Subaru suspension somehow handles alot of weight without breaking. I've had 900lbs in mine (in addition to the regular junk that's in there - another 300lbs probably) and have hauled 10' steel beams, fenceposts, bricks, batteries (720lbs of them), etc.. Compared to most cars' suspensions that look like a squating dog if you actually put stuff in the back, subarus are great.

I must say your wagon looks much better in mud than it does filled with bricks! that looks to much like work. its not new and doesn't have an aux for the ipod, but you can pull the radio and thing out of the loyale along with whatever else doesn't get pulled for my wagon. It'll last until you can get something better