Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subaru brat cameo comic

It's *his* own personal hell. Clearly he's not secure with his masculinity, so eternal hell for him is being seen in a Brat. He can't drive his lifted Excursion anymore so in his mind everyone that looks at him is looking right through his clothes to his shortcommings.

I feel sorry for people that spend their life compensating for what they feel society says they should have but don't. I have quite a few of them living down my street. It's sad :(.

So the guy that just moved in down the street from me (drives a HUGE lifted yellow F-350 with Nitto's) was chatting with my neighbor and after asking if I was a mechanic working on people's subaru's for money (I'm not, but I have a lot of them) he said that I should work on some "nice" cars because Subaru's are for poor people..... you can imagine my reaction :mad:

GD

So the guy that just moved in down the street from me (drives a HUGE lifted yellow F-350 with Nitto's) was chatting with my neighbor and after asking if I was a mechanic working on people's subaru's for money (I'm not, but I have a lot of them) he said that I should work on some "nice" cars because Subaru's are for poor people..... you can imagine my reaction :mad:

GD

Ask him if he's replaced the turbo on his 6.0 yet, then ask if he minds going in every 3-5 thousand miles to have it cleaned (half a day procedure) so that we can fix his hesitation problem. then ask if he's ready to have it down for a week while they replace the high pressure oil lines. then, for the most important question, ask if he'll be ok with all this after its out of warranty.

There is a reason i work on fords and drive Subaru's. I like the job security, and i don't want to be late for work.

Good to know - I'll ask him how he likes it. Thing sure is loud going up and down my street :mad:.

Then the guy parks his monster RV sized trailer (not kidding - it's enourmous - this guy has the smallest ____ in history I'm sure) across from my driveway. Chock's the wheels with a hunk of wood and leaves it there for a week. Mind you he lives three houses down... The nice neighbor lady chewed him out for parking it in front of the neighborhood watch sign which I had just trimmed some branches away from per her request. It now takes up his entire driveway :lol:, and his poor 350 is on the street under his daft basketball hoop.

I can't wait for him to stop and talk to me... "Hey - how's it going neighbor?".... "Great! I just aquired another poor person's car - want to see it?"

GD

Good to know - I'll ask him how he likes it. Thing sure is loud going up and down my street :mad:.

Then the guy parks his monster RV sized trailer (not kidding - it's enourmous - this guy has the smallest ____ in history I'm sure) across from my driveway. Chock's the wheels with a hunk of wood and leaves it there for a week. Mind you he lives three houses down... The nice neighbor lady chewed him out for parking it in front of the neighborhood watch sign which I had just trimmed some branches away from per her request. It now takes up his entire driveway :lol:, and his poor 350 is on the street under his daft basketball hoop.

I can't wait for him to stop and talk to me... "Hey - how's it going neighbor?".... "Great! I just aquired another poor person's car - want to see it?"

GD

should fix your wagon and invite him to go wheeling with you :rolleyes:

and yeah, kinda cool for a brat to be in a cartoon... but I dont think it was meant to be a good thing :-\

Its the only car that I would drive to hell and back.

+ a billion

GD

yah, that guy needs a baseball bat to his forehead. Does he have any kids? you should give him a couple hundred bucks, tell him to go get a vasectomy for the good of mankind. thats just utterly untactful, and rude.. some kind of neighboor....

he said that I should work on some "nice" cars because Subaru's are for poor people

Perhaps it's different up here, but I suppose this fellow has never seen a WRX or the yuppies driving around in their Outbacks sipping lattes. Around here, a Subaru is regarded as a fine, tough automobile. I'm well aware that I'm saying this while driving a '94 Loyale that I bought cheap, but it's still a great car.

BB

they may be inexpensive cars but thats not why we drive them :banana:

It's true I suppose in one sense - they aren't expensive cars - heck even the STi and the Tribeca aren't *expensive* in the BIG picture. But what he fails to realize is that HIS ford is no Ferrari Modena either. He's fallen into the trap of assuming that just because I drive an old Subaru, I must not be able to afford anything else, and that because I *work* on it I must not be able to afford a mechanic to do it for me, or that for some reason I need the money. In fact, I had him pinned as an idiot for buying that house in the first place - it's tiny (less than 2000 sqr. ft), built in like 1985, and he paid $275,000 for it :rolleyes:.

What really pisses me off is his blind stupidity to the obviousness of the situation - I own, amongst my Subaru collection, a lifted 84 wagon with "ATLAS 4X4" written in huge white letters across the windsheild that's right on the corner of the street - the only corner - the one he MUST pass to leave every single day for work. It's been dripping with mud since August, and is still full of camp gear..... then there's my Brat.... How many clues does he need that I'm clearly an "Enthusiast"?

That's ok though - he'll see what happens if he tries to borrow a tool from me. Since the guy in the house he bought died last year, I'm the only one on the street with an engine hoist AFAIK.

Frankly, I really don't care what he thinks. Hell I don't really care what *most* people think. It's why I'm comfortable driving my Brat. Anyone can press on the accelerator pedal of a ginormous gas hog - but for most of the people that really try to get your attention that way there isn't much to see when they step out of their steel cage. My car brings ME, I don't bring my car. When I step out of the Brat in my ARMY uniform - beleive me - people aren't looking at the car :rolleyes:. I guess he must feel really insecure that he needs to drive a rolling hazzard sign.

GD

... If you had to spend and eternity with just 1 car, a brat is probably a good choice.

Well... it sound interestin` I Agree with the Subaru as One Car For Forever, but I do Preffer the Loyale Wagon... :brow: ...Also, I wanna Add that Subaru did appear in too many Cartoons, I don`t remember now all, but I remember the 360 in many cartoons...

360cartoon1.gif

Or the Impreza that won against Takumi, in "Initial D" Anime series of Japan. (the Impreza is of Takumis` Dad) You can see it Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsifHojhLNs

Or the 360 in "GetBackers" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpKjBrkCBM8

Also, everyone Gotta Love the Brat, even in the Simpsons show has appeared one:

SimpsonsSubaruBrat.jpg

... I guess he must feel really insecure that he needs to drive a rolling hazzard sign... GD

Yes, most People drive "Rollin` Hazzards" Here in my Country... I do Preffer my Subarus...

:headbang:

Ask him if he's replaced the turbo on his 6.0 yet, then ask if he minds going in every 3-5 thousand miles to have it cleaned (half a day procedure) so that we can fix his hesitation problem. then ask if he's ready to have it down for a week while they replace the high pressure oil lines. then, for the most important question, ask if he'll be ok with all this after its out of warranty.

There is a reason i work on fords and drive Subaru's. I like the job security, and i don't want to be late for work.

HA! Awesome response!!