Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nice Drivetrain for the brat?

i have a chance to pick this up for $2000 from a family friend. its a 04 sti that wrapped around a tree (40k miles). the title is clear on it, but i`m thinking the motor would look pretty good in the brat. its got the ej25t with 6sp trans.

i know suberdave has done the ej20g swap into an ea series car, but has anyone ever done an ej25t? the motor looked huge, and i`m wondering if it'll fit.......

sti003.jpg

sti001.jpg

sti004.jpg

sti005.jpg

sti006.jpg

sti007.jpg

who u kiddin, get the whole car....that will buff right out......:headbang:

i dont now anything about whether or not it'll work, but im sure with enough fabrication, time, and a lot of patience u could do it. i say go for it. u got nothin to lose, u might just end up with the first ej25t brat in the world for all i know.:slobber:

oh yes!!!!!!!!! swap everything over to your brat dude......wheels, seats, suspension....EVeryTHING!!!! and you will have such a sweet looking brat......maybe custom fab a spoiler for your brat too....ive heard that much power in a brat is scary. at WCSS8 the guys with the sti brat from canada had to drive with a topper cuz it has so much power and no downforce.:cool: :burnout:

I saw a vid on youtube of a brat that had "a wrx engine" in it that ran in the tens.. it was one of those clips from the BBC car show, I can't recall the name of the series right now.. They *may* have said which engine it was, but it was TT (i think?)

search for it, it was called a brumby naturally.. and they raced it against a 1-liter ducati... neat vid, to be honest. nice brat, too.

I bet that STI is still drivable. Might not pass inspection, but you could pimp around in it for the 10 days. for 2k, buy it. You could make that back in parts easy.

The youtube brumby is the one with the monster turbo sticking out of the middle of the hood.

Yuh, THAT one. i knew there was SOMEthing about the turbo.. i thought it was TT but thats it, it was sticking out of the hood. THAT was an awesome looking superbrat.. that "brat-ram" thing, ugh.

perhaps i'm one of those few people that think of problems when they may not be problems

first, airbag wiring harness talks to the main computer so you will likely need a standalone.

second, the six-speed is a huge transmission...will it fit.

third, the drive shaft will need to be shortened which isn't such a big deal until the next point

four, the centre diff has computer controlled imput and the computer wont know that the drive line is in a shorter lighter car...then again if you went stand alone i guess that little problem goes away on its own. does anyone know if the center diff requires the computer in order to work.

fifth, something i'm not familiar with at all...suspension?

Believe me, it's all been done before, quite a few times actually, check the Australian sites. There's more than 1 MY running around with full WRX conversion, mattyB, a member on this site is running around Tasmania in a pretty awesome rig, it's a 2.2 Supercharged Brute, ( :clap: , feel free to speak up here Matt), as l said, it's all been done.

a friend of mine going to auto collision repair school right now says he can get access to a frame machine/wheel aligner. i`m almost thinking of fixing the thing now... a few guys over on nausiac have all the needed parts including rocker and roof sections.

the car looks a little banana'd tho

a friend of mine going to auto collision repair school right now says he can get access to a frame machine/wheel aligner. i`m almost thinking of fixing the thing now... a few guys over on nausiac have all the needed parts including rocker and roof sections.

the car looks a little banana'd tho

that car would need some serious pulling on a frame rack to even get near being straight again. Part it, because if you can get it fixed, it won't ever drive like it should again. Or get another WRX body and swap it in there:Flame: