Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cherry Hill Museum?

I sent an email today to SOA headquarters in Cherry Hill, NJ to inquire about viewing the special collection of vintage subies they have stored over the years. I hope they will let me schedule a viewing in the near future. Has anyone on the site viewed or heard what might be on display??

Do a search for the Subaru magazine DRIVE; they have an online version.

They have 2 issues with stories/pictures of the Subaru museum.

Some of the cars they have are: The Bonneville Subaru, a sick Gen 1 Brat, 360, and I think a concept.

There are pictures and write ups in the magazine.

that would be a great opportunity. i live just 10 min from the cherryhill building. theres actually 2 different buildings about 3 miles apart from eachother. but ive been there before when they had rally cars and drag cars out for demo's in the parking lot. yes i saw the subaru wrc rally car drifting around that parking lot. i got to talk to a couple of the mechanics that were next to the support trucks. their all really friendly and love to teach u anything u want. too bad the building security didnt think so either, i got chased away after about 10 min. but yeah it was cool, u need earplugs to stand next to those rally cars at full throttle. and u need those headphone like ear coverings if u wanna get next to the drag car even at idle. that thing is scary loud! they had the cars out to show off to all the ceo's and bigshots at SOA. i could still hear the rally cars 5 miles away as i left!

Link, to some neat stuff..

..but not about the bonneville justy!!

I googled, and only found one page listing various Bonneville land speed records.. yah, Subaru Justy, Class I (capital i, not 1) 123.224 mph.....

but photos, information, a page on the car? yah, i could search for another ten minutes, but the first ten minutes turned up nothing. well, not NOTHING..

http://www.drive.subaru.com/Sum03_SubaruHistory.htm

thankyou for this posting, i had seen that spoiler thing on the top of brats and i thought it was just some retards way of making his car look faster by cutting up a bed topper and makeing a ridiculous fin, Its really good to know that that thing actually has a function and if what the article boasts about (being able to smoke a cigareete in the back at 60mph) is true i might just get one one day:clap: