Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aussie longish term build.. Underway

Fatz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if I get this straight you took the 5 lug setup of the coupe,put it on the wagon,then lifted the wagon,then you sourced a ej20 tt for the wagon.then you are going to find an DR AWD box?

Pretty much. except ill be going the 4.44 auto box with a centre diff lock.

Could not find a manual box that would do what i wanted.

Ok fellas,

Just finished the lift.

Tis rather bigicon_wink.gif put it all together to find out the gtb brakes i have are too large for my rimsicon_sad.gif So i temporarily have put in the hubs with Lib brake setup.

No real dramas tonight. Big of strut tower bashin and filing. nothing unexpected though. I snapped up a couple of pics, nothing too interesting as my shed is now full of **** and i cant move:P Also its about 0 degrees out there and becoming unpleasant.

Anyhow, here are a couple of pics.

Dont know how high she sits, dont have a tape, but i can tell u with the nankangs on, i can have a jack stands at full ext and still about 4cm from the body.

Enjoy.

1.hubs.JPG

The process of swapping hubs over. Turned out to be a waste of time!

2.beer.JPG

Some incentive to finish quickly.

3.tab.JPG

Need to get rid of this tab in order to place blocks on top.

4.gone2.JPG

All gone.

Fatz... thanks for the info on the lift kit. I'm attempting to contact Hi-Rise and see if they'll ship to the US.

Also, can you explain what parts you used to do your 5 lug in the rear. I am under the impression that you guys didn't get the XT6 over there, which is how we go about 5 lugging the L series cars here...

More specifically I'm interested in if you have legacy/impreza style brakes fitted to the rear, and if so how you did it.

I think Fatz is using this kit http://crossbredperformance.com/

Worth something like $1200AUD.. XT6 stuff still seems cheaper even once imported. Although a little hard to come by I think..

Unfortunatelly Gee recently announced he will no longer be making the kits, as its just not cost effective anymore. I've sent email off to him to see about getting the design of the adapter plate, and what mods need to be made to the backing plate so I can do a small run here stateside for the couple of us that are interested in bigger brakes in the rear.

It will be really sad if all those great ideas just dissapear because he doesn't think their is enough money in it :-\

Unfortunatelly Gee recently announced he will no longer be making the kits, as its just not cost effective anymore. I've sent email off to him to see about getting the design of the adapter plate, and what mods need to be made to the backing plate so I can do a small run here stateside for the couple of us that are interested in bigger brakes in the rear.

It will be really sad if all those great ideas just dissapear because he doesn't think their is enough money in it :-\

If you can do it, and cheaper than him. You would be my hero...

• 2 months later...

Well Well Well,

I spose its that time again.

Had a pretty good weekend overall. Couldn't of done it without the exceptional help of Will, Josh and John.

Got a comfy amount done over the 2 days.

Modded the radiator support to allow a EJ radiator fit,

Made up a gearbox crossmember

Swapped over engine crossmember

Put in the engine

Wired the engine in

Fixed some fuel lines

and last but not least. Drank and had a good time.

Here are some pics, and i have a video too that I'll put up later on of it starting and running.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Still have ALOT of work to do before i can drive it.

Anyhow. Enjoy the pics.

1.WillInBay.JPG

Will getting down and dity

2.WillInBayFront.JPG

Getting everything ready for the grinder.

3.GBoxXmember.JPG

Gearbox crossmember that john and myself whipped up.

4.GrindingSupport.JPG

Will releasing some suppressed anger

5.PerfectFit.JPG

Lovely fit

6.JohnnyHavingAGo.JPG

Johnny building up some anger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok guys.

Small update, and a couple of pics. I will be uploading more tonight when i get all 4 wheels on.

I just got my new prezzies in the mail, so i thought at lunch time id had a looky and put one one.

Have a look, and a laugh, i certainly did.

Floor seal just behind tyre sits at 27cm and the roof sits at 71cm, or bout 5"10. Pretty bloody big.

1DSC_5477Medium.jpg

2DSC_5481Medium.jpg

3DSC_5482Medium.jpg

4DSC_5483Medium.jpg

5DSC_5487Medium.jpg

6DSC_5485Medium.jpg