Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat ! Brat ! Brat!

Yes the brat is my favorite vehicle! I really cant wait for the ej22 swap, but I love it as is. I did my first real snow trip in the brat last week in Tahoe. It dumped many feet and the brat was a champion!:headbang: It chugged up the sierras at an indicated 50mph with my 27" tires. I was really hoping to find a big stuck SUV to winch out of a snow bank, but it didn't happen!

My first brat was remote control when I was a kid! Finally bought a real one last year!

Totally enjoy all 3 of my BRATs.

A gal I used to work with called the '84 I had, "a baby El Camino". I traded that one to 86subaru for the '88 XT6 I have here.

The '86 is my DD, 64 mile round trip for work. Kinda beat up and rusty, but it can be fixed. Has an older solid lifter motor with a Weber sitting ontop of an EA-82 intake. Basically stock otherwise. Not fast by any means, but she goes pretty good.

The '85 was purchased for the Wife. Bone stock except for the 2" front lift and 13" American Racing rims, and a rear-disc swap. Needs some TLC, but it's in great shape.

The '82 sits in the garage on jackstands, undergoing some surgery, mainly for rust issues. It used to be my DD, and had an EA-82 engiine in it when I bought it. Haven't totally made up my mind as to restore or major mod...

Del says "no more". But I want to own one of every year made, just 'cause....

I love my Brat, wherever it is. Someday, I'll find it, be able to afford it, it'll run great, look even better and it'll be mine, all mine...but until then I'll just, sniff, sniff.....love it.........Is that working on anyone? Cause if it is, I could go on:rolleyes:

~Connie~

Thats funny, I usually cant wait to get my brat OFF-road :grin: (sorry, I had to)

mine will be able to handle light off roading, but i am making it for the twisties in the hills and to take to the road course. even though i cant stand street racing, it will still be funny to suprize the ricers and a few of the "tuners" around here. needless to say, people here dont think of any old subaru as quick, let alone fast, i am hoping for fast. we will see. but either way, it will still be a beast in gravel.

mine will be able to handle light off roading, but i am making it for the twisties in the hills and to take to the road course. even though i cant stand street racing, it will still be funny to suprize the ricers and a few of the "tuners" around here. needless to say, people here dont think of any old subaru as quick, let alone fast, i am hoping for fast. we will see. but either way, it will still be a beast in gravel.

Ask Mykingcrab about how quick my Brat is on the dirt roads... I was walking away from his EA82T RX!

I agree. I totally love my Brat. I have only driven it 150 miles, and I have to replace the oil pump seals. I like the way it drives and looks. Whle filling the tank for the fisrt drive, there was a guy waiting for me to get back to the Brat after paying for the gas. He was hanging out his window asking where I found it, because he had been looking for one for years. Everyone wants one.