Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ideas for an XT6-

Ok, I have my XT6 and I need a motor- I'm having difficulty finding one locally- and was wondering if I wanted to do something for ease of parts and for better reliability What Kind of upgrade can I do-- I also want to keep a certain level of performance Atlease equal to my XT6

EJ22? is that the best option and will that bolt up?

Zach

is it really not possible to get an imported ER?! (i had no idea)

there sure are a lot more aftermarket goodies for the EJ's!!

i wonder about the wiring, because now you're not just going from old to new, you're going from 6cyl to 4 . . .?

cybrid to non-cybrid might be a blessing :D

chris

p.s. i could always find out about the difficulty of the conversion from my friend in Oz who put that EJ dual o.h.c. engine in a 6, and then supercharged it :headbang:

Well, I'm debating because I know that my Block Has to be slightly warped-- I replaced the head gaskets-- and had the heads machined and fluxed- and I'm still overheating-

I'm debating weather or not I want to pull this motor back out and completly rebuild it get the case machined heads remachined and rebuilding the entire thing! or if I want to just do EG33 if I can find one--

every local JDM shop says that they are out of the ER27 my friend just brought one home-- but apparently he got the last one--

seriously

I am sure for less than a grand you can find a wrecked SVX

(heck there was one for sale in Tennessee for 500 bucks when I boiught my XT it was option two..... needed a new engine Kmember)

I'd like to see a new gen turbo in an XT.

(JDM legacy twin turbo motors are CHEAP since they don't directly swap into a LHD car. but one could always use one STi turbo on one)

You wanted my 30K mile one but never PMed me offers of wanted to figure out cheapest ways to ship...If the other person who wants it doesnt follow through..you have next dibs cause I will want it out of my yard..It gets pulled today

your best bet is buying a complete car. it's not hard to find an XT6 in decent shape for a few hundred. i've gotten a ton of XT6's for free or next to nothing.

same idea holds true if you want to do a conversion, get a complete vehicle.

Rob I pm'ed you about the eg33 and the er27-- I may have a SVX Lined up Clean with less than a 100k with a blown tranny-- they want $250 for it-- they priced the tranny from the stealership is why its so cheap-

if it comes down the pipe-- I may not need anything I will know tommorrow---

Alright, let me know what your going to do.

I know you probably have already, but I would definately go and read all you can about how Huck did his EG33 swap. This is not a plug and play deal. as you probably know already.

Well, I would Like to stay Stock if I can-- That way I don't have to remember what came from were--- I have sourced a semi Local er27 for $450 so We shall see-

SVX-- They did some research and they want about $1000 for it-

Zach