Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm back! (got a new-old Subaru!)

Yeah, I have been subaru-less for almost a year, up until this past weekend, when I managed to aquire my first gen-1 beast! (or more like, collector wagon!!) this thing is MINT!

I wil have more pictures to post soon, I have been busy with uploads to my gallery due to being away from the internet for a month- but now I have a subaru worthy of owning a bottle of wax for :lol:

Moosens, where are you? I may have some questions for you! ;)

298247946_QA9zc-M.jpg

1976 DL 1400 FWD 4spd wagon!

the ODO says ~19,900 miles and I belive it! the interior is nearly flawless! it has a ding in the tailgate, and some minor rust spots along the bottom edges of some of the typical spots... it has the factory AM radio, (still works!) and all of the gizmos still work and are stock!!!

runs and drives great! (although, has trouble getting up to 60+mph) :lol:

I will be hanging out at XXX in issaquah now and then, so if you are there, look for me at the classic car shows!

now if I can just remember how a carburator works... :-p

~!!! Austin :burnout:

Let me know if ya need any advice, and I think I have some Gen1 parts layin around, but I think they are stage 2, with the exception of the side markers and front turn signals I have floating around the parts shed.

Do post some pics, that thing looks bad rump roast! There was a 74 DL sedan in the junkard here a LONG time ago, had been sandwiched, but it was the same color as that one.

Sweet looking wagon! You didn't happen to get that from Carter Subaru did you?

Well, if you dont know this already, I have been working at Carter Subaru for some time now... and yes, it is Carter's *First* car sold, back when they opened in 76, they have had it on the showroom floor for probably like 10 years now.. but they finally got tired of looking at it... or something? yeah.. they posted it up for sale, and of course, I was there at the right time to make it happen before the other shop kids got ahold of it ;)

and yes, it shal remain stock... its too pretty to modify! :burnout:

Well, if you dont know this already, I have been working at Carter Subaru for some time now... and yes, it is Carter's *First* car sold, back when they opened in 76, they have had it on the showroom floor for probably like 10 years now.. but they finally got tired of looking at it... or something? yeah.. they posted it up for sale, and of course, I was there at the right time to make it happen before the other shop kids got ahold of it ;)

and yes, it shal remain stock... its too pretty to modify! :burnout:

:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: I can't think right now. talk to you later oh my gawd :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: