Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What's it worth?

Without admitting anything, I am just curious to see how much this mint little 76 DL wagon I picked up could be worth ;)

anyone have any opinions? comparisons?

298247167_Vx6gH-M.jpg

298248846_vW6u6-M.jpg

runs and drives almost flawlessly, paint and body in near-showroom condition, interior almost the same- everything functions... :burnout:

EA63 engine with the FWD 4spd, new tires, brakes and exhaust...

Just curious to "what you would pay" for something like this...

:popcorn:

oh, and I will get pics of the interior and close ups of the rest of the car..

there is actually a small rust spot... below the battery in the engine bay :eek:

on another note, I think its getting around 30 to 35+ mpg!!! I have driven it from shoreline to bellevue, to issaquah and back like.. 2 or 3 times now, and I still have not had to fill it back up! :D

i would pay 3 to 4 thousand for it. BUT the question is what is it worth, and it is worth whatever you can get for it. I wouldn't be surprised if it fetched $6,000 or more on ebay.

I second this response. Beautiful old soobs are a hard thing to place a firm value on. If I had room, and was looking for an around town soob for the wife and kids, I would pay up to 4K for that beautiful wagon. But to the collector, for the guy that is looking for this specific soob in great condition, it could be much more. Because it is slim pickins out there.

I would say probably you're right Crabman. I paid about 4k for my BRAT. I know the BRAT's typically go for more, but still, that wagon is SOOOO nice. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it sell for 9 or 10 grand on eBay. My Dad always, always told me that something is worth what you can get someone else to pay for it. I know the economy is bad right now, but there are still people out there with insane amounts of cash. If a hockey, baseball, football, or other professional athlete, or actor, or CEO wanted it......the sky is the limit!

Ok, we got a sunny day, and some time to take pics.. so here are some of the innards :cool: (although, the direct sunlight kinda made some shadows so the pictures are a bit contrasty..)

all of them can be viewed (at larger sizes too) in my gallery-

http://ratty2austin.smugmug.com/gallery/1739991_F6rQD#313519207_gFHH9

313520012_PWcFP-M.jpg

313520168_qTW8Y-M.jpg

313519207_gFHH9-M.jpg

313520370_hRCz7-M.jpg

313522979_XGGEJ-M.jpg

313522748_zkKxf-M.jpg

313521994_jMiAR-M.jpg

313518742_enq9g-M.jpg

:cool:

and now that I have finally run some new gas thru the engine (by driving it places, on the freeway and such) it is running a lot better! nice and quiet, smooth... doesnt stall... :headbang: and gets good mpg!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone interested?

its going to be on "Display" soon (Likley at the Smart Service Mukelteo location, and for sale.... best offer ;) )

(yeah, life changes as usual.. need some cashola, and I would like to see this car in the hands of a true collector its too nice to "use up")

• 2 weeks later...
333377842_RFipQ-M.jpg333377541_XxLsu-M.jpg

Worth repeating ...nice pics. You guys look like an old Pepsi advertisement or something.....

So,it looks like my Coupe is sold. If this car lingers around any much longer I might be your man.

But in the meantime..... Good luck with it.

I do belive it has been repainted.. according to the dealer, when they got it back from the first owner back in the day, they put a bunch of new stuff on it, and then stuck it in the showroom, where it sat for over 10 years.. (inside, out of the weather :headbang: )

so yeah, techically its not ORIGINAL, but hey, its still pretty darn close! ;)

I'm thinking the car has been repainted before, at least on the driver side fender. If you look close enough, the stripe kit on the bottom is missing only on that panel.

• 3 months later...

Hmm... I see the message board is back up :headbang:

I have my DL parked at Smart Service Mukelteo right now, getting an inspection, and it will also be up there if anyone who is interested in buying it wants to see it they can! I am out of the country right now, but should be back right at the beginning of December.... anyone who is interested should leave me an email or leave a message and number at smart service and I will get back to you when I return!

btw, I Noah and I got the engine all fixed up and retuned, so its runnin like a champ now! :burnout:

• 4 weeks later...