Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Camera = New Brat Pix!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd reclock them a couple notches so it sits a hair lower then the front, then crank them back up with the adjustment to get your ride height:)

nice tip, that would look great if the back was brough down about 1-2inches, as well as some taller tires to fill out the wheel wells better.

Yeah, the Gas door came to me like that... i know the front of the truck is from a '83 Wagon, don't know what year the brat half is. I assume any wagon/sedan/hatch gas door would work though.

And I also like how it sits with the rear lowered. Just not motivated enough to make the necessary modifications to keep it that way.

Beautiful brat Brian! That is cool! :clap::clap:

I think my next subaru purchase will be a brat. Where I will put it, is another question.:-\ There's a turbo brat in the back 40 of one of the local car lots here, just begging me to take it home, but I have no place for it. :( We are already at 8 right now and we look like the local used subaru lot.

As somebody that has a California Brat in the driveway I can definately see what Brian is saying about not modifying it.

There really is something precious about having one that hasn't been altered and that you can just hop in and drive.

I put a modern stereo in mine and a 4spd D/R trans in and thats it so far. I haven't hardly been tempted to even. I like how it runs and drives and it helps that its a Turbo brat but otherwise I just like that its a Brat and its super reliable. Mine is also far too nice to modify like the one Brian has is. It would be a crime to lift mine if you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Beast. I am working on getting the Targa stripe. I want to find a shop that will install it. I dont want to risk screwing it up.

And I agree on the tires. they ride real nice... but now that I have the rollbar installed it looks a tad goofy. And I am planning on getting a pushbar as well. I am tossing around the idea of a mild 2" lift. Nothing too big, just enough to comfortably fit some 14" rims and a tad larger tires.

Oh Brian.... we are so on the same page.

I just lifted mine 2 inches only. I have those 14" Pug alloys you sold me last year (or two ago), now with Kuhmo 25" tires. (I completely stripped the Pugs and repainted). I have a black roll bar and white (soon to be black) OEM A-bar.

Drives nice - this will be an excellent daily driver (except for no A/C :eek:).

I will get some pics this weekend to share. :banana: R/ PK