Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wcss 11

Hey all,

We wanted to update you to the happenings with the West Coast Subaru Show. There has been some re-organization of the planning committee this year and we are now getting underway with site selection. Once the location is decided, the date will follow soon after.

We are intending to keep the show in Washington State this year and have several sites picked out to pre-view over the coming weeks. Our question to the Subaru Masses is what portion of the state would you like to see the show in this year?

Would we like to go to the Southwest Washington region, the Northwest region or Central?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw in a little...

The place where #3 and #9 were held (Thurston ORV) was excellent. Something similar to that environment with some sun and some shade would be ideal.

Distance from Nevada is irrelevant.

Just my 2 bucks

I'll throw in a little...

The place where #3 and #9 were held (Thurston ORV) was excellent. Something similar to that environment with some sun and some shade would be ideal.

Distance from Nevada is irrelevant.

Just my 2 bucks

I 2nd this.

Lots of camping area.

Lots of trails.

Place for Rally X.

Been there enough times it feels like home :-p

I would like to see it up north a bit. Bit that's just because I live up this way and have little faith in long distance drives with my wheeler wagon.

Jeff

Edited by one eye

Agreed, shade is good.

Distance is not so much of a problem with the amount of miles we drive. ;)

However, as far as time frame goes, later in august would be better from us arizona guys since that desert heat is a killer on our 20 year old roos - june and july are the hottest.

SW region gets +4 votes from my camp, specifically Thurston ORV park. Sun, Shade, a town close by... and I can leave the young-uns with grandpa over the weekend, I just have to get him to come down from Auburn.:banana:

LJ

Those of you who'd like to see it in a different or new spot could do the organizers a big favor by scouting locations and dates available, and getting that info back to them. Finding and securing a venue is the hardest part of organizing the WCSS if you ask me.

Im personally more enticed to come out to somewhere new than somewhere I have been before even as cool as Thurston CO was.

The fairgrounds venues really work nicely for having a vendor area, paved show and shine area and possible food vendor kitchen and such too.

A big thank you to those that go out looking for a spot to have the show at and help the organizers.

+1 for Thurston ORV...Granted, I may or may not have the time off. And I have a 91 so I may not be accepted (LOL).

But damned if I won't try my bestest.

One Eye: You know Don Rogers?

I dont think I do.

Jeff

a date would be nice so we can schedule the week off.

Hey all,

We wanted to update you to the happenings with the West Coast Subaru Show. There has been some re-organization of the planning committee this year and we are now getting underway with site selection. Once the location is decided, the date will follow soon after.

We are intending to keep the show in Washington State this year and have several sites picked out to pre-view over the coming weeks. Our question to the Subaru Masses is what portion of the state would you like to see the show in this year?

Would we like to go to the Southwest Washington region, the Northwest region or Central?

That info is in the first post.