Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82t it needs more power

so got a big top mount free flow 2 1/2 down pipe doing 15 pounds o boost

oem turbo that has seen beter days fried 3 of them so far going to use a vf some day looking to get more power out of the wagon i mean its ulgy that sounds grate & it kepet up with the sti to about 80 then he shifted up & was off do to me takeing the next turn

so other then the vf turbo what should i do?

o its a 88 awd gl10 turbo with diff swich & 390 lsd yea my car is on acid

its gray with prymer gray finder & hood with a wrc blue wrx hood schoop it is 2 wide 4 da hood so it sticks out on the sides but is grate 4 the 3 am SE LEADBETTER RD next to the lacamas lake drives in vancouver wa

it is so cold it starts to frost so the hood schoop is doing its job it just does not look good

15 lbs of boost will kill that motor very soon. In fact.....it's already dead........it just in the throws of nerve spasms right now..........once those stop..........yeah...........that motor is toast.

You can get a little more reliable power out of the EA82T.

But you can EASILY get ALOT more reliable power out of an EJ22 or 25.

EA82T is not usually a motor to risk ANY mods on of such.

It was not a reliable motor in stock form generally, although some have been okay on it, not many though. Once you mod it, might as well swap it.

I have not had firsthand experience with an EA82 anything, I am just posting what i have become familiar with in threads and most people say this.

EA82T is not usually a motor to risk ANY mods on of such.

It was not a reliable motor in stock form generally, although some have been okay on it, not many though. Once you mod it, might as well swap it.

I have not had firsthand experience with an EA82 anything, I am just posting what i have become familiar with in threads and most people say this.

That makes it sound worse than it is.

I still have much love for the EA82.....even the turbos......but slap a bigger turbo and exhaust onto it, DOUBLE the boost, and race it a 3 am without doing anything else.........

yeah.....that aint gonna last long.

so got a big top mount free flow 2 1/2 down pipe doing 15 pounds o boost

oem turbo that has seen beter days fried 3 of them so far going to use a vf some day looking to get more power out of the wagon i mean its ulgy that sounds grate & it kepet up with the sti to about 80 then he shifted up & was off do to me takeing the next turn

so other then the vf turbo what should i do?

o its a 88 awd gl10 turbo with diff swich & 390 lsd yea my car is on acid

its gray with prymer gray finder & hood with a wrc blue wrx hood schoop it is 2 wide 4 da hood so it sticks out on the sides but is grate 4 the 3 am SE LEADBETTER RD next to the lacamas lake drives in vancouver wa

it is so cold it starts to frost so the hood schoop is doing its job it just does not look good

I think you're on acid :-\

You cant be boosting 15lbs, otherwise you hit fuel cut.

And I find it very hard to read your typing, its like a 6yr old did it :-\

So, I have a big top mount,

free flow 2 1/2 down pipe, and I am running 15 pounds of boost.

I have an oem turbo that has seen better days.

I fried 3 of them so far.

I am hoping to run a vf some day.

I am looking to get more power out of the wagon.

Sure its ugly but it sounds great & it kept up with the STi that didn't even know I was there, to about 80.

Then he shifted up & was off due to me realizing he had finally seen me, and me taking the next turn like a chcken************.

So other then the vf turbo what should i do?

edited for clarity and honesty. :grin:

well thanks 4 all the replys but you all r full of s***t

the ea82 is doing good thare is no point in going ej i have 8 of the ea82t's

so f***ing it up is cool with me.

so win that happens the copper head-gaskets are going in:banana:

but the fuel cut yea i dont know what thar is cus i dont hit it ( i do know)

hint the big frosty intercooler lol

but it runs 15 in the day & 18 win i hit the swich so that 110 gas is doing what it needs to be doing

so back to why i put this up what can i do to get more out of the ea82t.

no i do not want to do ej it looks funney win i open the hood & thar is nothing other then a oem ea82

so nothing new 4 a 88 gl10 awd wagon with a singel range transmission.

There is no help for you. Sorry kid.

But I would enjoy watching you fail at trying to prove to the audience here that you have ever put 18 psi into an 82t. Either you are a lier or you just have really poor insturmentation. Anyway there's still no help for you.

What the hell is wrong with the education system these days?

GD

But I would enjoy watching you fail at trying to prove to the audience here that you have ever put 18 psi into an 82t. Either you are a lier or you just have really poor insturmentation. Anyway there's still no help for you.

GD

Its kind of sad when we all try and tell him his spelling is off and he neglects to spell check, even Firefox will do it for you :rolleyes: Kind of sad my English isnt my first language and I live in Puerto Rico and my typing is still better than his :-\ I would be Immensely ammused by him proving 18psi on the 82T lol.

I dont know much about the turbo engine but it sounds to me like your squeezing an orange and expecting apple juice to come out :rolleyes:

index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=12341929&albumID=3430260&imageID=66687874

GD

dont get me rong this is my 13th motor in 3 years the one that is in it now is about 10mo old now and it has ben runing grate 15 psi

ps i am veary hard on my cars i push them to the liment & 1/6/07 is a day that i will miss my 93 subaru imprza for ever

90 in to a tree out on my property

Edited by AWD TURBO!

index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=12341929&albumID=3430260&imageID=66687874

dont get me rong ithis is my 13th motor in 3 years the one that is in it now is about 10mo old now and it has ben runing grate 15 psi

ps i am veary hard on my cars i push them to the liment & 1/6/07 is a day that i will miss my 93 subaru imprza for ever

This has to be a joke, ok man you got us:banana:

any way i tried.

i guess i am full of ************ asking the body style and the transmission your using.

dont get me "rong" dude, if you have 34 engines or what ever number we figured out eventually you obviously know that these things are bullet proof.

You will get more response if you follow these sugestions:

1. Speak in english. Full sentances. Use spell-check. If you can't be bothered to speak the same language as me, then I can't be bothered to respond. And MOST of the members here will follow that trend. We have no need of members that make the board difficult to search and besides that it's disrespectful.

2. If you have specific technical questions, ask them. You have asked exactly ONE nebulous question to which there is no good or single answer - despite that, you have received numerous answers that apparently were not to your liking so you have dismissed them.

3. You are new here. THINK about how outragous your claims are (regardless of their truth). You might want to garner some respect around here before you start sugesting respected folks with thousands of posts are full of $hit.

It's as simple as 1, 2, 3. Otherwise you won't be hearing from me again - I simply won't waste my time. Neither will anyone else around here that has any real knowledge.

GD

Good god, I'm sorry I ever clicked this thread. I read every post in here and someone has a server lack of respect to us USMB(ers)

I see alot of ignorance all day, but this just topped it. one tip for you boy, these people giving you advice areNOT full'o $hit, they speak the truth. Try reading up on things and become more wise on certon aspects of which we are speaking of.

-Tom

dont get me rong this is my 13th motor in 3 years the one that is in it now is about 10mo old now and it has ben runing grate 15 psi

13 motors divided by 36 months makes an average of 2 months a piece.

Oh yeah......you're sure proving how reliable the EA82T is...........right.

Look man.....I am probably one of the few of us here on the board that actually DO STILL LOVE the EA82......yes even the turbo.......but c'mon.

I came onto this board 3 or 4 years ago, ranting against anyone who tried to tell me to just EJ it....or at least that the potential of the EA82 is limited. Guess what? They were all right.

The EA82 is like sun. The bigger and hotter it is.......the faster it will burn out.

Just think about it..........you could swap in 1 EJ motor....perhaps turbo it to 5 psi.......and blow the doors off what your running now.

But if you wanna keep swappin motors on an average of every 60 days.......well that's your choice......some of us are crazy too.

As a side note.....your heads are cracked into your exhaust port(probably what keeps taking out the turbos)......I hope you check your coolant level religiously

Also it's funny you titled yourself AWD Turbo.......you're car has a single range pushbutton 4wd....not AWD