Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Had a ripped up 5spd tranny  button 4wd in my 92 Loyale. Found a donor 88 and swapped the whole engine and tranny and now it won't run. Good fuel pressure, but no signal to the spfi. Ohms from spfi to the ECM checked. Swapped ECM, dist. and still no go on its own. Bypassed the spfi with hose from fuel pressure check guage and runs. Ideas?

Is their insurance going to pay for the damages?

Since technically they got in front of me before the accident occurred it's my fault :-(

Really lucked out though I was able to slow from 60 --> 30 before impact. And there was no damage to radiator or any other mechanical components except for popping off the distributor rotor :-)

If you're doing 60mph and someone pulls out in front of you, it's kinda their fault if you have to slam on the brakes and can't stop in time...

I guess it's hard to prove that's what happened unless you had a dashcam, which is why I won't drive without one anymore. It's all that saved me from a lawsuit in a crash.

• Like 1

If you're doing 60mph and someone pulls out in front of you, it's kinda their fault if you have to slam on the brakes and can't stop in time...

I guess it's hard to prove that's what happened unless you had a dashcam, which is why I won't drive without one anymore. It's all that saved me from a lawsuit in a crash.

Yeah, probably gonna be grabbin a GoPro here pretty soon. In the "great" state of Texas there's a pretty unfortunate hard ruling that rear ending is a universal fault. Here in Austin driving is just going down the tube, no one is from here and despite the no cell phone law everyone is glued to them... Edited by fwd_gl

Trans mounts, the body side bushings on the sway bar endlinks, and both front axles again, bad trans mounts chewed my last axles in like 3k miles. Grrrr. Finished spfi, sent bratsrus my stuff for a 5 spd kit, and got one of those streetlight rainy pictures that make our cars not look like rust buckets

post-62852-0-07922300-1480768687_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On the way to work this morning, the clutch pedal on my '86 EA82 wagon decided to stay on the floor. Hoping it's the cable, but also ready for a full clutch replacement if need be.

Parts rpl'd recently:

Starter (Bosch)

Fan resistor (OEM) & relay (AutoZone)

All new coolant hoses/clamps (Gates) & new radiator cap (OEM)

• Like 1

I had my clutch cable break in traffic on i84 going through Hartford. What a mess. Fortunately I had my mountain bike with me, so I used the shifter and brake cables to create a makeshift clutch cable. Made a lot of people mad by idling along in traffic in 1st gear. Oh well, it got me back to Maine.

• Like 1

Stared at them and dreamt of the day when they are finished... :/ 

I often look out my window at mine sitting in the driveway. I'm just too busy and the weather is just too awful to do much of anything with it at the moment. I need to get my friend over to help look at it to determine if its the head gaskets that are bad, or if it could be something else.

Oh I also ordered some rocker panel replacements, so thats exciting. 

Clutch cable installed, wagon's back on the road. I got the replacement from Autozone, it's Pioneer brand (CA-824 part #) Huge difference in the clutch feel now. Going from original clutch (190k mi) & cable to new cable/original clutch.

Also found that when I eliminated the hill holder that I removed the return spring too....at least I think I did. Either way, there's not one now. Any thoughts on this? The pedal now has a "dead spot" during the first 1"-2" of travel before resistance is felt. New spring might cure that?