Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

1993 loyale wagon 4wd ea 82

Passenger front New Balljoint and New Axle.. got parts from orielys $import direct$..59.00 for the axle 14.00 for the balljoint. . everything went as planned.. one hick up ..the axle to the output shaft, the pin hole didn't line up.. oldtimer submehanic that did my clutch gave me a pointer a few years ago... if it don't go in easy you'll have to flip it 180 degrees because they are offset just a smige; ) reman radiator new oem thermostat and hoses Goodtimes! 276,730 fun luving miles and still rolling..

• 2 weeks later...

Front axles and wheel bearings/seals, clutch and cable, rotors and pads and shoes and drums all around, leather front seats(crazy j/y find), carpet from an 81 wagon, ztill needs a lil trim to fit better, and im trying to come up with a Frankenstein back seat, new plugs and wires, newish stereo and speakers but still need a slanted bezel from a brat, picking up discs for the rear from a wagon tomorrow, picked up a nearly perfect dash and glove box with the mirror option, thats cool, looking for some pugs and a d/r 5 spd, prepping my spfi for install, kinda stuck on wiring tho.. this page is way cool tho

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a 88 Rx running and driving leaks a ton of oil and clutch was just slipping so I pulled the motor going to do head gaskets timing belts and all the seals the passenger side qp is pretty bad but I have my eye on another to get as a parts car

post-63473-0-49671500-1468099888_thumb.jpeg

post-63473-0-71545100-1468100072_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Installed Front crank seal, also called a Timing Seal Cover? Lol! Never heard of it.. and a brand new pcv valve, Mickey mouse gasket, o ring, shaft seal... i tried my old supposed working oil pump when removed... because the one i took out had the pressed belt guide fall off..but the TOD was! Everywhere!... i elected to scavenge the gear from the old one and put the one I took out back in.. not as much shaft end play ;) I may or may not put the o2 sensor in.. got's ta wash the pipes of oil.. next up luxury items... rear passenger window switch, power door lock, stereo...

Edited by Len Dawg

Changing all of the fuids today on my new GL, and tomorrow I do the brakes.

Quick question as well when I was looking through the car I found a new oil filter but when I took the old one off it was a bit longer than my new one. The new one will thread on but I was just curious if it would have a huge effect on the cars performance

• 1 month later...