Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Was buzzin' down the trail then WHOOPS!! (Pics)

Had a dirt road terror itch during lunch hour today. So, I went to my favorite urban offroad spot and WEEEEEEE!!!!! Buzzed down the trials, slide sideways, splash through what's left of the mud puddles, cruise the big ol' sandy wash in 4hi without any problems running at 1000rpm. Lotsa fun! TILL it came to heading back. Was doin about 35 when I hit a bump just too fast, lost traction, car heads straight for a mesquite tree. Come to a sliding stop RIGHT in front of the tree. Backup and take a look: ouch

What do ya think? I was able to straighten it so it doesn't hit the grill anymore. Bummer.

hehehehehe you're "before" picture looks like my "after" pictures... I wouldn't worry about it.... but then again you aren't me... I suggest the blowdryer+hammering method if it's really bothering you... slight dents make good conversation pieces though (if you approach them in the right manner :D)

- Erik - Tacoma, WA -

What dent?

I agree with caleb and bratwerst.

If you fix every ding your offroad rig gets, you will work harden the body from pounding it back out all the time! If you want to make a career of eating mesquite trees, maybe you need one of the old Volvo bumpers with the built in shock absorbers.

:headbang:

Pulled it out a bit so, it's not AS bad. Oh twell, I think I'll just leave it. Gives it character. Yes, I don't know how I missed those lights. Someone was looking after me, I guess.:-\ Hummm this is no. 3 attack on me Suby. First one was on the pass rear door, second was the pass mirror, now the hood. Hafta get a closser look at that tree again. Might as well get a pic too while I'm at it. :brow: