Got the rear suspension and brakes back together, started rebuilding the rear cv axles (waiting on new cv boots), got the brake booster painted and got the master cylinder and windshield wiper motor reinstalled. Put in a new poly rag joint meant for vw's. Repacked my front wheel bearings, painted the front knuckles, and installed new wheel seals. Reassembled the front suspension with new control arm bushings, leading rod bushings, ball joints, and tie rod ends. I got the 4wd linkage modified to use the first gen linkage, to do this I cut the "cup" off of the single range tranny, removed the linkage from the dual range cut the threaded end off of it and welded the "cup" onto it and bolted the 4wd shifter mount onto the dual range tranny.
Rear brakes and suspension back in with new shoes, wheel cylinders, and struts.
Rear back together by Luke Hoffman, on Flickr
Taking apart the rear cv axles
Rear CV by Luke Hoffman, on Flickr
Here's a photo of the modified linkage
Modified linkage by Luke Hoffman, on Flickr
Tranny in by Luke Hoffman, on Flickr
4wd linkage just like factory
4wd shifter by Luke Hoffman, on Flickr