Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's Done!.........for the most part....

I'm offically declaring the Buggy DONE! :banana:

Yea there are some minor details yet to go but the real work is over!

http://usmb.net/gallery/albuo21/PIC83

I borrowed a real camara (No video stills!) and took some pics to mark the event!

The SubaruHummer, Summer modifications include;

"New and improved" Body, 26X12X12 Dirt Devil tires, welded diff, #2000 winch, 18" shorter driveline, suspension lowered all the way, Rock Slider/Running Boards, Safari Rack, Bug Pack Coil over Shocks, Cherry Bomb exhaust, lots of lights + switches and Drink Holders!:D

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer, Done!

01 Forester, still thinking about modifying........

That looks wonderful, congrats!

I hate to say it but I would call it 50% done. The other 50 is stuff you want to refine after driving it for a few weeks-years. Never ending project if you ask me.

Is it water/weather proof enough to store outside year round?

To answer a few questions,

I can lift/slide the back end so it's not as heavy as it may appear. The plans say #1275 weight but I'm betting around #1500 when it hits the scales (maybe this weekend).

It runs great--just as it did before I carved it up. It really has not been out yet. (except across the neighbors lawns and up some stairs) (suppose to rain here all weekend) The gearing is noticably higher even with relatively small tires.

I think it's weather proof enough. The roof has a 3" overhang/drip edge. The dash has the same type of protection against water. I have a garage in the mountains to store it in-doors. ---and even then it will be under a tarp.

I didn't make an attempt at registering it for street even though I have full street lighting. I didn't want to deal with yearly emmissions/safety inspection/insurance. DMV would not convert my current reg. to off-road. I ended up registering it as a 2004 Custom made vehicle.

Ya there are things left to finish....

fire wall, dash, windshield?, roof lights

The pictures can be deceiving. It's not big! Mudrat & Hatchet are the only people on the board who have actually seen "Summer". Hatchets comment was "I thought it was going to be bigger?" Mudrat called it a "Beast". To shed some prospective on the size of the vehicle.

Weight #1275-1500

Wheel base center to center 80"

Wheel track center of tire to center 62"

Wheel width outside measurement 73"

Overall Length 133"

Floor height 20"

Overall height 63"

Angle of approach 45

Angle of departure 71

I'd put up some comparison figures for the stock hatch but I can't read them from the brochure section.

Most importantly...................

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

Couldn't have done it with out the members of this board contributing their knowledge and experience.

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester