Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Holy S*#@!t...............

We just got back from the dealership.................. DROVE AN 05 WRX!!!!!!!! My heart was actually papulating:D . I can not even discribe the feeling of being behind the wheel of that car. I'd have to say mainlining speed balls would be about as close as one could get:slobber: .

So now we know we don't want to get into a $500 a month payment so we looked at an 05 2.5RS. I loved it, Vicky is having second thoughts though, she thinks its an old lady car. Can some one please tell her it is still a sporty, performance car, just a more resonable and sensible vehicle.

PS the Legacy GT is absolutly beautiful!!!!! But again, a $500 a month payment.

We didn't even drive the Legacy GT. There is a 10k difference in price between the WRX/GTs and the 2.5RS. I'd like to call that "affordable preformance". The RS is right in our price range and yes, if I could do it I would go for the GT. Vicky would go for the WRX. Still we can afford a little more then a base line Legacy, so to me the RS make good sence.

You should test the XT Forester. Its yummy.
Hehe. I can vouch for that (it's quicker than a WRX)...but I seem to recall something about Vicky not wanting a wagon. Too bad- it's one heck of a sleeper! The look on some ricers faces when they get spanked by a Forester wagon is just priceless.:lol:

-Louis-

'04 Forester XT 5spd

'91 Loyale 4wd 5spd Wagon

here is my 2 cents for against the wrx. Keep in mind that I looked at an 04 leftover sedan today with the prem. pkg. and really wanted to leave with it too! but a few things that crossed my mind...

1. wrx= premium gas

2. rs is much cheaper and looks like a wrx without the scoop (you can fix that issue)

3. longevity of the engine.... my big questions are on the heads and turbos.

4. relates to #1 rs=better fuel mileage

5. I know there are a lot of places to open it up out in SD but you can run an rs at 100 just as easly as a wrx. I've done this in my former OB in SD at 100-112 for miles upon miles (between 30-60 miles) no sweat....and that was a big OB not an OBS. Just imagine an rs....

don't get me wrong I love the wrx...but if I was buying a car to beat for 3 years and trade it off.... sure I would buy the wrx but if I was going to keep it for a while...hands down the RS.

Matt

Again, like I keep saying, over and over and over again, DEPRECIATION IS WORST IN THE FIRST THREE YEARS OF OWNERSHIP.

Here, for example, is a nice '02 WRX wagon for $16,700 buy-it-now. ($8,000 cheaper than new)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31868&item=2481857119&rd=1

And another one with even lower miles for $15,9000 ($9,000 cheaper than new!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31868&item=2481987918&rd=1

New cars is for suckers!

Guest Vickaroo

Tim almost has me talked into the RS.... Still I was really wanting a "HOT" little car... And to me well this one is just plain.... I do like the seats, and color of the one we drove, Just the outside is not what I was looking for... I guess when you have driven the WRX its hard to go with the RS... Ill see... Its kind of like Tim has his toys, so its my turn to get mine... :brow:

TimHansen

New cars is for suckers!

Well Tim I guess you can call me a sucker cause thats what I want is a new car with Warranty!!!!!!!:rolleyes: Vicky

Well Tim I guess you can call me a sucker cause thats what I want is a new car with Warranty!!!!!!!:rolleyes: Vicky

Hell yeah vicky! New cars are for people that can. New cars are also for people that want a good warranty.

Most people that say new cars are for suckers have never owned a new car and have no idea how nice it is to just have it taken care of for free if something goes wrong. Theres also a bit to be said for knowing that no one else has beat the crap out of the car but you;)

Just be sure you buy the car from a dealership with a good service history.. if the service at the closest Subaru dealership sucks, it might be worth it to drive to the next town or whatever to buy from a better dealership.. We have people from Austin that drive up to Dallas to have service performed on their soobs becuase the dealership down there sucks.

New cars are for people that want to spend $25,000 to get rid of $1500 worth of problems ;)

If I were to get a new car, I would save, save, save so I could put a fat down payment on an 06 Legacy GT (would take me a year and don't like buying the 1st years of new models), but I just don't like the idea of spending all that money...

Guest Vickaroo

Thanks Calebz... I know about the Warranty thing Ive had New cars before and you cant beat it... That is why I want the extended Warranty also... At least the life of the payments... Besides if you do sell it before its paid for its easier to sell with Warranty left on it... And I must say Subaru has the best Warranty program Iv seen, with 24hr roadside service... We have that on our Ins. now but wouldnt have to add it to this one... I have tried to tell Tim about the buying a used car that someone had driven the heck out of... And I know about the service dept. ordeals too... But the service dept here is AWESOME... And Tim Knows these guys and they know him... (too well:-p ) Vicky

(would take me a year and don't like buying the 1st years of new models)

I myself enjoy buying "first year" cars, ex. 82 cad eldo with the notorious 4.1, 91 cad sev with the "upgraded" 4.1 that is a 4.9!, and my current sub gl 4x dr 85, I have also found that reading the first years manuals are very interesting