Ultimate Subaru Message Board

West Coast Subaru Show website is now up!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just an FYI. my company I work for uses WebSense to block sites, and when I try to go to the WCSS site, it blocks it with the category "Sex".....

"Sex in or with a Subaru?"

Sorry, couldn't resist. Any idea why it does that? How does it get sex out of WCSS7. Am I missing something?

"Sex in or with a Subaru?"

Sorry, couldn't resist. Any idea why it does that? How does it get sex out of WCSS7. Am I missing something?

there has to be some text coming across with the page for it to catch it....

if you go to the main WCSS page, and go to "View Source" you might be able to see what the keywords are....

This is bull**** and I detest these crappy "censoring sites" because they never are able to get it right.

*edit* These services are like Police. 98% of the time they are very useful and helpful, and I support what they do, because in today's society we need it. However, the other 2% of the time they are sitting behind you with the red and blue's flashing telling you that you have a "non-stock funky bumper." At the time its damn annoying and inconvenient... looking back on it its kind of amusing...kind of. *edit*

No Mick, there isnt sex anywhere on ANY of the pages. But that doesn't matter. Products like these go above and beyond looking at META tags in websites. Its probally being blocked because of what IP its on.

I just spent 20 minutes trying to find the request form to fill out to ask them if they would take the page off their database. Hopefully it goes through... yet they never said if they would contact me if it does or not...

I went from having my site hosted on a small mom and pop type hosting place, to having it hosted on a lot bigger hosting place. Because of the way the websense product works, if at one point, or right now, there is an ADULT website hosted on the same server as the one I got webspace on... meaning they will both have the same root IP, then boom we get thrown into the mix, because their product can't differentiate between the us and the "bad guys."

I've dealt with stuff like this before and its a pain in the rump roast. Who knows how long it will take for them to take us off "the list." What sucks even more is that to fill out the form to say they catorgized an URL wrong you have to register and give them your info.

Anyways, i've done all I can do. If you encounter the same error, and you feel like giving your information to a stupid company, take the time and send them the form to take www.westcoastsubarushow.com off their list. Go http://ww2.websense.com/global/en/ProductsServices/MasterDatabase/URLChange.php to try and "recatorgize" the site in their database.

**realize that by clicking the link you are taking what you view on the web into your own hands, I am not responsible for if what you see offends you... Click with caution**

Ken or Eric, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think people are a little confused with the price of admission to the Show (note the capital bold letter 'S'). I have gotten several registrations with no PayPal or request for mailing address, so I send them a reply asking them how they plan to pay, they usually reply stating that they are not going to show (note the lower case letter 's') their car. For clarification the $11.00 (preregistation cost), or $15.00 (at the gate) is for the West Coast Subaru Show, it doesn't cost anything additional to show your car. So far we have 20 people registered with a total of 36 people coming. Not too bad for this early in the game, I do expect this to pick up toward the end of May, first part of June.

SPECIAL REQUEST

If you register, please use an e-mail address the you check often, I have sent some replies to people who have registered and have not gotten the additional information that I requested back.

I am suggesting to Ken and Eric, that if I don't get a reply from the e-mail address sent with the registration, and there has been no money sent, that those people be taken off the list and will have to pay full amount at the gate if they show up.

SPECIAL REQUEST

If you register, please use an e-mail address the you check often, I have sent some replies to people who have registered and have not gotten the additional information that I requested back.

I am suggesting to Ken and Eric, that if I don't get a reply from the e-mail address sent with the registration, and there has been no money sent, that those people be taken off the list and will have to pay full amount at the gate if they show up.

I registered and checked my email and I wanted to say I'm still in! I wasn't sure if I needed to respond to your email so I didn't. Consider this my response if so. Thanks.

Corky, I registered.....How do I pay thru Paypal...?

What is step 2...? I clicked Submit, and It never went to paypal....?

Let me know, John

John, go back to the web site where you registered, there is a link there to PayPal.

i'm pumped... gonna register later though... gotta do stuff...

and hey... just a quick question... didn't SOA last year say they were going to sponsor the show this year???

my old free suby water bottle from last year is failing me... i need a new one...:rolleyes:

and i need more random free suby stuff... like this SPT mouse pad i'm using... and a suby poncho and foam dart thing...:D

hehe... i can't wait! and hey... is there going to be a flat spot in the mud pit for the non-modded subies to play??? like last year???

Someone who lives close to John want to go over and help him out with this, he seems to be having a problem getting to PayPal from the Show site, funny, no one else seems to have the problem. LOL Maybe we need to create some sort of a mechanical method so John can figure it out.

Corky, I registered.....How do I pay thru Paypal...?

What is step 2...? I clicked Submit, and It never went to paypal....?

Let me know, John

Dr. RX

LOL Maybe we need to create some sort of a mechanical method so John can figure it out.

ya throw in a 5sp d/r, with his new front LSD into it, and he will have it in no time... :cool: :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm registered, but when will we be able to pay for my camping spot? It would be great to know that nobody will be getting pissed when I pull up and pitch a tent. So let me know how to make it as easy as possible for everyone. I will have no problem parking on a street and sleeping in the wagon, hell it wouldn't be the first time! :drunk: But I'm getting old and needing, so a tent would rock.

So I'm registered, but when will we be able to pay for my camping spot? It would be great to know that nobody will be getting pissed when I pull up and pitch a tent. So let me know how to make it as easy as possible for everyone. I will have no problem parking on a street and sleeping in the wagon, hell it wouldn't be the first time! But I'm getting old and needing, so a tent would rock.

You'll pay the Park Staff themselves. We'll direct them to you when you show up. There will be plenty of room, so don't worry about needing to pre-register for camping too. Shouldn't need to worry about "pissing anybody off", you'll be with 300 of your closest friends. :drunk:

• 2 weeks later...
Gee, we might even be able to come up with an award for the farthest traveled, right now it looks like someone from Alaska would get it.

That would be Snowman coming from Haines. I have to fly, but if I find a car worth buying, I'll be driving back. Does that count?