Ultimate Subaru Message Board

t3h hawt interior pics thread

You win.

P.S. Your car is set as my desktop wallpaper.

P.P.S.- How did you get those door panels like that? custom? off another soob?

I tore off the vinyl, made the pods and recovered in fabric

subaru_styles...

your door panels are sweet, but what's the deal with the one for the back door... it's just straight instead of being curved like the rest of the door? you can see the stock doorpanel behind it :confused:

well thats one of those spots that when standing up you dont see:drunk: any way i could have made the pod maintain the same curve as the door panel on teh bottom.BUT either way i could not have it fully extend to the edge as it would hit some of the plastic trim inside when the door shut

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

caboobaroo....I can't see your pic....

here's my interior before it all got ripped off :mad:

3242PICT0461.JPG

I'll put the daylight shot up when I get home...

here's the same deck and console in my '85, complete with high quality glove box latch

3242PICT0042.JPG

and the old deck in that car, before the dash kit and new dash (aftermarket, non-functional oil/volt/temp gauges, previous owners work...)

3242P6170023.JPG

I'll add a pic of my XT6 seats later

ok well here's the link to the offsite pics for those of you curious about my interior. The A-pillar pod I used is from a '02 WRX and I had to modify the bottom and top a bit with a hacksaw to get it to fit but after a little bit of sanding and filing, it looks like it coulda come from Autometer this way. Pics are here!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/302403464/1389939403067339125iQUfUY

http://community.webshots.com/photo/302403464/1389939445067339125erWtrS

http://community.webshots.com/photo/302403464/1389939667067339125KZqUzc

http://community.webshots.com/photo/302403464/1389939708067339125mtzKpQ

What year/model soob does this console come out of for the stereo at an upward angle...I want one????? ~~Lucas

his deck has a tilt feature. lots of your midrange to high end headunits do that now so you can adjust the viewing angle.

that is true, but that is actually a slanted console.

I think it's a modified stock one. but I'm not sure.

yes it does have a tilt feature, but that is not tilted in the picture.

That is the slant console found in some 80-81 cars, it accepts a standard DIN cd player with no modification at all.

the only catch is some cd players don't like to run at that tilted angle, I haven't had a problem with mine though.

yes it does have a tilt feature, but that is not tilted in the picture.

That is the slant console found in some 80-81 cars, it accepts a standard DIN cd player with no modification at all.

the only catch is some cd players don't like to run at that tilted angle, I haven't had a problem with mine though.

I've only seen a few but they were taken from other cars but not sure what years/models? What car did you and carfreak85 get these tilted consoles?? Thanks ~~Lucas

Nice and stock minus the (IMO) ugly stock steering wheel and plain jain shift knob.:D

I'm very impressed with how clean and stock the interior of your soob is....although I have a very hard time keeping anything stock, I wish my soob was so clean looking....I'm working on it but will take time. ~~Lucas

I'm very impressed with how clean and stock the interior of your soob is....although I have a very hard time keeping anything stock, I wish my soob was so clean looking....I'm working on it but will take time. ~~Lucas

I have a hard time cutting up good stock interior peices, unless I know I have a replacement in case I want to go back to the stock look.

It has taken a long time to get to this point and I'm not done. There are no door panels and no interior behined the front seats. Check out what I started with in the Off Road section, " '85 Hatch in the making" thread.

from what car does the A pillar gauge pods fit? cuz I don't think they make em for a XT and definately not in europe :-p

I used one for an early 90s Honda civic CRX (Thanks to Skip for the tip)

Fits decently out of the box. A little heat gun work and it would fit better.

• 10 months later...