Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Today after doing brakes on the '95 Legacy, I also changed the bumper foglight bulbs to Luminics JDM yellow (130w) Awesome bulbs!

where's the pic!

what'd i do today: Cut out some MORE of my cars wheel wells.

also went to look at a 97 impreza with about a million miles and needing headgaskets. Guy is firm at $800:-\

Did you make those guards? Those are awesome!

Looks like Bill should start making those aswell! :banana:

no i did not a friend from Oregon made them hes a board member he also made my roof rack and bumpers as well HTi in vendors fourm

ill add this too... i though they were going to be weak due to how they mount.... not the case at all these things are strong as hell!

$35 a pair is not a bad price either

Edited by True2Blue

no seriously its good stuff i hit a tree then took out an unexpecting mailbox and it didn't bend or dent anything the tree was about 8" in diameter and i hit it hard about 15mph (i was in my lake area trying to get my sunglasses out of the back seat :lol: ) it hit the part of the bumper where turn signal is(on the outside of the mounting bracket which is the weakest point), the tree made the front of the Subaru jump up and over right into the mailbox and as for the tail light guards i tried to bend and twist em and didn't get them to move more than millimeters without almost cracking the mounts of the light itself

Edited by True2Blue

clutch is done! :banana:

installed all new shifter bushings

225mm turbo disk? it musta been swapped out.

now i gotta modify the exhaust. running straight pipe from the heads back with a nice muffler (undecided on what one still)

Edited by True2Blue

looked at my shifter bushings all brand new so the slop must be internal oh well

the T bar that the shift linkage bolts to on the tranny (moves in and out and is connected to the tranny by a pin) may not have a bushing. mine did not all it had was a fat bolt through it that was way too small. so all my gears felt like neutral...

i cut the old bolt off (because i just bolted the tranny up and the bolt was put in backwards so i couldn't pull it out) pulled the linkage re-drilled the linkage holes to match the new bolt which wasn't as wide as the t bar hole then i cut a piece of copper pipe to sleeve the bolt.

now everything is tight aside from the play from the tranny itself which isn't much at all..