Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Blizzard of the Century

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its starting to hit us now! I want to go and play in it! Mom doesn't think its wise :(

Oh well.

im thinkin bout goin out and playin too. and if my meetings cancel tomorow, i'll swing over to the dog park, i KNOW that road to it wont be plowed :)

i was at the bar in town and everyone in their big trucks had to go so they woulnt spin out.

i just got home invited others to hang out, but they all were spinning on leaving parking. I had snow drift over headlight so i put in drive and drove over the drift. i bought a many drinks for others and wanted to leave town for more excitment and offered to drive, but instead i was suckered to stay

yea AWD subie action

now i am at home with 2 stinky wet dogs with snow from them in the house.

i was at the bar in town and everyone in their big trucks had to go so they woulnt spin out.

i just got home invited others to hang out, but they all were spinning on leaving parking. I had snow drift over headlight so i put in drive and drove over the drift. i bought a many drinks for others and wanted to leave town for more excitment and offered to drive, but instead i was suckered to stay

yea AWD subie action

now i am at home with 2 stinky wet dogs with snow from them in the house.

I drove my Yukon this morning, and unfortunately, because of a slight mismatch in tire size, it made the rear end squirrelly in 4WD, but then later, in the heavy stuff, I took out my '72 3/4 Ton 4WD Chevy... it was wonderful :)

I was hoping to be driving my red Brat, as I just got the door to be able to latch, but when I went to jump start it, I popped something in the cab. smoke come rolling out of the dash.... so now it's sitting dead again.....

Hey Dude,

It's raining here now, probably tommorrow too.

We've had a really mild winter here, so far. Not even 20 degrees at night until recently.

My anti-freeze is good for 12 degrees. This friday night it's projected to be 9 degrees:eek:. I had a water pump seal seeping this summer, did some stuff to it and now it doesn't. That anti/freeze costs twelve bucks a gallon. Yeow.

Doug

"Its starting to hit us now! I want to go and play in it! Mom doesn't think its wise :("

I go out here when it's level 3 "roads closed" type of stuff. The cops who are out there see it's an old Subaru and don't give a hoot:lol:

You don't even see many or any of those. They have Crown Vics LMAO

People say, "you're going to get arrested".

By who?

Hey Dude,

It's raining here now, probably tommorrow too.

We've had a really mild winter here, so far. Not even 20 degrees at night until recently.

My anti-freeze is good for 12 degrees. This friday night it's projected to be 9 degrees:eek:. I had a water pump seal seeping this summer, did some stuff to it and now it doesn't. That anti/freeze costs twelve bucks a gallon. Yeow.

Doug

12 degrees? i think mine says something like -40 or something?!?!

cant wait to shovel tomorrow mornin... :-\

"My suby loves the snow but it absolutely hates starting in sub zero."

Do you have 0W 30 weight synthetic oil in it?

No, past due for it's winter oil change (yeah, she's a little pissed at me for that :mad:) but i usually put in 1 qt mobile 1 5w30 and 3 quarts valvoline 5w30. that and my squeeling ps pulley (1-3 seconds at start).

Drizzle rain this morning has turned what snow we did get into slush. Hard to tell what we did get amount wise. I know the wind was kicking pretty good lastnight when I was climbing into bed. Nieghbor's pine trees were singing pretty good. Sortta calm out right now.

So much for the "Major Winter Storm" they we ranting about yesterday....

OMG Dude - those pics look like our driveway! :lol::grin:

a very familiar sight.

gonna wait till it gets light out & will take some pics - we have a cool looking drift between madkow's car & the garage - kind looks like the matterhorn! :grin:

madkow was supposed to work today, but was told dont bother coming in - they arent going anywhere with the trucks today - 30+ mph winds!! :eek:

man, id be surpised if i shovelled more than 3" off my sidewalks and ************ this morning. i was hoping for unplowed roads when i got up. but here by the lake it turned into rain about 2am, and has been a mix since. so naturally... i made a snowman.

aeaa2c8a-d0ff-4587-af0f-308a6ee60cad_568x426r0.jpg