Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Holy subaru god's

I found something I think every Suby nut dreams of!!! Being bored one afternoon I was surfing the local (Boise ID) craigslist used car ad's, when I came across an ad the said, 1986 XT under 100k. Not being a big fan of the XT (A Wagon Nut) I wasn't that excited intill I seen the PICTURES!!!! Here was a mint condition 1985 GL TURBO WAGON 5-speed tooties roll brown 97k original mile beauty.:eek: I instantly email the listing and got a response in minutes. The guy was selling his grandma's car who had, God rest her soul, just past away. She bought this car brand new here in Boise in 1985 and it has everything but a sunroof. She has a folder of every little thing ever done to this car since 1985, including the original window sticker for 13K. This guy had no idea what he had, completely missed advertised it and didn't want it at all. When I went and looked at it the pictures didnt lie!! It was great everything looks brand new, including new tires and snow tires on rims brand new alpine CD player and new door speakers, the engine bay is so clean you could eat off it, completely unbelievable:banana: He wanted 3500 for it and I know that sounds like alot, but it is worth the money. I came home and could shut up about it, driving my girl up the wall lol, tring to convince her that this was a great car and I want it:grin::grin: So this was thursday of last week, it hadnt left my thoughts but, we just bought a new house so it probably wasnt the best idea for myself to buy it. So I left it at that, not think twice of it really, and headed to work this evening. around 10pm the boss cut me loss and said go home early, sweet I was thinking. I get home no one is here which is every odd because my girl should be home, so I called and she told me she was out helping a friend make a care package for her husband in IRAQ so no big deal. About 11pm I hear them pull up and she walk through the door and looks pissed and says, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!! Freaking out I jump up and run outside and its unfreaking believeable!!!!! She went and bought me THE FREAKINGGGGGGG CARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! I was completely speechless, all I could say is oh my God over and over. But this thing is sweet, I will take plenty of Pics tomorrow and post them, Im still in complete shock!!!! Oh yeah final price was 2700 bucks, not a bad deal!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to rain on your tootsie roll parade but there are very *few* people that would dream about owning one of those - especially at that unholy price. That's just nuts. Seriously?!? $2700 for an EA82T?

It's not April fools is it? Why didn't you people tell me it was still April!?!?! :lol:

Sorry dude, but you got took. I have bought near-mint gen 1 Legacy's for under $1000 and I just bought a '97 with 147k on it and very clean for $1700.

GD

Sorry to rain on your tootsie roll parade but there are very *few* people that would dream about owning one of those - especially at that unholy price. That's just nuts. Seriously?!? $2700 for an EA82T?

It's not April fools is it? Why didn't you people tell me it was still April!?!?! :lol:

Sorry dude, but you got took. I have bought near-mint gen 1 Legacy's for under $1000 and I just bought a '97 with 147k on it and very clean for $1700.

GD

Yeah, thats a nightmare in my eyes.... $3000 for a car with an engine you are almost guaranteed to rebuild in the next year.

No thanks.

p.s.

Don't wheel it, you'll hate yourself even more when you do.

With only 97k on the clock, I dont think he's going to have any issues for quite a while. Especially if he does some preventative maintenance.

Granted, I wouldnt have forked out that much cash for it, but you clowns really need to get off the EA82T hate wagon.

I hope you 2 come to WCSS12, I'm going to bring a bag of lemons so's you can sit at a table and suck on em :rolleyes:

well forget the negetive comments.

i say good for you!

if that car ment that much to you then that's what its worth. especialy if your happy with it.

and to you price knockers, i almost had a guy sold on my dumpy 86 XT DL for 4500 bucks. so bleh, if only his wife hadnt talked him out of it!!

well as far as lifting it goes im not really sure im going to do it yet?? I have a 85 now with a 4inch lift 29inch swampers and a ej22 in it, and it a great car but im sick of putting axles in it because i use it for a daily drive and 4x4 it pretty hard!! And for the haters out there, I completely understand what a cars is worth, ive been a manager in the car business for over 7yrs now. And I understand that the money paid for this car was more then what any suby that yr should go for, but i have been looking for a really long time for the right one and honestly im sick of looking at 1000 dollar pieces of Shxx that are so backyard worked on you dont know where to start or begin when it comes to finding what the millions of A-holes have done to the thing over the last 20yrs. When I say she kept a folder with every little thing, I mean I have EVERYTHING!!! even down to every old change at 2500 miles for 25yrs. Any and all work to this thing is list and documented and nothing was done to this car outside of the Subaru Dealership her in this town. Never 4 wheel its always been garage kept, Im teling you it looks like the day it did when it came from the dealership!! And since im fresh as a daisy after a wonderful night sleep and im ready to take a dump in someone's cheer-e-o's this morning let me educate you on why the decision was made. First off the 85 turbo from the factory was only avaliable in a high geared automatic trans, this one had the crappy problematic auto trans removed and replaced with a BRAND NEW 5speed FROM THE FACTORY put in at the Suby Dealership in 2001 and equiped with 390 front and rear diff's. Second while the turd you drive doesnt stop very well this one has up graded EBC slotted rotters and pads at all 4 corners. Brand new Alpine stereo and speakers, and an interior that looks like its never seen a piece of sand EVER. Third off, I would be the first one to tell you that the ea81T is a complete nightmare, But.... not only does this have new timing, CV's, belts, hoses, temp stat, fluids, and two sets of tires on rims. I have a completely rebuilt EJ22 that is going to be filling that big whole in the engine bay where the EA81t sits!! So to all the haters before you start hating, eat a bowl of humble pie and shut it!! I dont care:lol:

That Womans a Keeper

QFT.

Does she have a sister?:grin:

pinksock, spend some time reading about maintaining EA82Ts, as well as turbo and cooling systems. That car will be good to you if you're good to it and stay ahead of it as it gets older... plus, if the engine goes, you can always EJ it!

GD

GD, GTFO already. You don't live in the Midwest. Have you tried to find such a vehicle out here at all? Seriously get your head out of your rump roast already! Your responses like this are one of the main reasons why I dropped out of this forum a year ago and I'm about to do the same thing for the same reason.

I'm with Rob on this one.

My parents always taught me that if I didn't have anything good to say then don't say anything.

Well I'd like to see pictures, I don't think the EA82T would be the bad of a motor if you take care of it and don't boost it much. My EA82 has never failed me and never will cause I do the "preventative maintenance" and yes, good luck finding a running not rot boxed EA82T car around here. WA might be crawling with them but the Mid-west doesn't.

I too say you guys need to get off the EA82/EA82T hate wagon.

Now on to the happy posting, you can upload your pictures to photobucket and copy/paste the IMG code in your post. :)

-Tom

EA82t s are a flawed buy design. Most of the time when people get them theyve been run into the ground. But i believe you have something different. One that has been maintained its whole life. I say dont lift it man but if it doesnt already have it. Throw the 5 lug on there and make it a canyon carver with updated swaybars and bushings.