Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Freshly Stanced BRAT !!!

fattie

so i went out for a little trail ride this evening in the brat and got some fresh new stance action goin on. im just glad i got out of the woods before it happend.

2co6gqv.jpg

232sl0.jpg

so37v6.jpg

2myq1ps.jpg

2uib4sz.jpg

2z9lekk.jpg

last pic was taken about 40 minutes before it broke. i had JUST gotten out of the woods when it let go.

My grandfathers did the same thing on the same side, they handle really funny like that :lol:... You have any parts lined up? They are getting hard to find up here :-\

no parts lined up. it litterally just happend. i just got home and uploaded the pics lol.

That sux!!!! What in the world were you doing to cause that? Wish I had access to a lot of older Subies (or any down here for that matter) to help you out but shipping would be difficult and I'm not sure if it's EA82 specific as I see you have discs back there and I haven't done the swap yet and haven't had the chance to check out my set up yet either.

That sux!!!! What in the world were you doing to cause that? Wish I had access to a lot of older Subies (or any down here for that matter) to help you out but shipping would be difficult and I'm not sure if it's EA82 specific as I see you have discs back there and I haven't done the swap yet and haven't had the chance to check out my set up yet either.

just a mile long bumpy trail. im the newest owner and im sure its been ridden hard by previous owners. ive only owned it for 2 months and driven a total of maybe 8 miles offroad on some truck/atv trails. it happens to old rusty metal i guess. and btw it let go on the tar , after i had exited the trail.

just a mile long bumpy trail. im the newest owner and im sure its been ridden hard by previous owners. ive only owned it for 2 months and driven a total of maybe 8 miles offroad on some truck/atv trails. it happens to old rusty metal i guess. and btw it let go on the tar , after i had exited the trail.

Ridden hard by previous owners?????! I think not. I crawled off road, and never broke a thing.

you know what i mean. when you drove up that hill in your driveway. that wasnt crawling.:banana: and you werent the fisrt owner either.

Ya, but he pretty much completely rebuilt all of the driveline/suspension when he got it. So owners before that don't really count.

Anyway, that break isn't so much an abuse failure as it is a rust failure. Sure, driving over some bumpy stuff helped it go, but it was rusted through and was going to break regardless. It's not like you twisted it in half or something.

Lol, I know I wasn't the only previous owner, BUT, I know the full history on this vehicle, from when it was new. It was completely stock except for the 5 spd, and fuel injection. It was babied. Like I told you, it wasn't driven in the winter for the last 13-14 years. I drove it last winter, but washed it all the time. I know rust was partly the reason it failed, but it really has had a good life.

i know that picture,,, mine happened on other side. the tire was flat on ground. looks like yours busted in same area. i replaced mine but before i installed i welded stiffing metal to last longer.

i have an arm if you need it..... or a pair for when the right one fails.

i know that picture,,, mine happened on other side. the tire was flat on ground. looks like yours busted in same area. i replaced mine but before i installed i welded stiffing metal to last longer.

i have an arm if you need it..... or a pair for when the right one fails.

He is still looking for one as far as I know.