Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

Lol! Something tells me that I probably could have kept cruising at that speed for a couple hours with no problem. I subjected that car to 4750 - 5300 rpms for 3 hours straight once going from Pennsylvania to jersey when I thought it was on its last legs (I was wrong). I was waiting for it to blow but it never did.

el8kld.jpg

My first EJ swapped car, the 85' GL, I traded a guy a gun for it, drove it like crazy till I snapped a timing belt and then swapped in an EJ22 from a legacy that was given to me. This car was alot of fun! This pic is from the current owner who flipped the wheels around for fun.

Higghhhhwayyyyy to the danger zone, right into the danger zone! Check engine light and all...Boom!

My 92 loyale has the check engine line come on every once in a while, I remember reading here it was due to a certain emissions valve and that it doesnt affect engine performance.  The light blink code was 5 blinks... something like that, which is what mine had.  I think the valve is on the passenger side of the engine towards the back side of the engine.  Does anyone have a link for replacing that valve at a reasonable price?

Sull, I love the xv rims, what mod are you going to complete to mount the rims?

I have a 2" suspension lift kit and 5x100 adapters. I'm researching suspension upgrade and next year will consider doing an EJ swap .

Sweet, how much? And whats the history on it?  It looks really clean and well cared for.

Got it for $3300. I think it lived in Idaho for a while. They pulled it behind their RV for years. Then some people out by Lake Tahoe bought it and restored it to its current state, shooting for the Ronald Reagan brat look. The inside is in pretty good shape, but new carpets and reupholstered seats are on my to-do list. No rust and runs great though.