Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BRZ on car hauler being shipped in the midwest.

Been seeing a lot of these popping up on the forums. I think I need to go sit on the interstate and wait for them to go by.

Perrin had a red one in yesterday and the red doesn't look half bad. I own a wrb car but not too thrilled that these are. Yes, I know it's subaru's color but these cars will never see a world rally course.

Been seeing a lot of these popping up on the forums. I think I need to go sit on the interstate and wait for them to go by.

Perrin had a red one in yesterday and the red doesn't look half bad. I own a wrb car but not too thrilled that these are. Yes, I know it's subaru's color but these cars will never see a world rally course.

In that case, the wrx shouldn't be wrb anymore either because subaru hasn't been in it for a few years...

you know i keep seeing pics of this car and i still dont like it

it doesnt have the subaru feel it doesnt look like subaru made it

it looks like a toyota i dont like

just throwing that out there

I agree it definatley doesn't look like a subi.. but I think that in later years it will get more of a Subaru feel to it. It is only the first manufacturing year. I wanna see specs and reviews! I think I read some where there's gonna be an sti model? True or false?

I agree it definatley doesn't look like a subi.. but I think that in later years it will get more of a Subaru feel to it. It is only the first manufacturing year. I wanna see specs and reviews! I think I read some where there's gonna be an sti model? True or false?

well they are making a GTP car for competition, why not go for that over the STi (yes Sti is being made too)

Subaru_BRZ_GT300_Tokyo_2011_02.jpg

• 1 month later...

What he (^) said.

I remember reading somewhere (but where :confused: ) Subaru made at least two very hard compromises with this car. From Motor Trend:

"Keeping the center of gravity as low as possible -- always a good thing for a sports car -- was one of the BRZ's key design goals, and Subaru's engineers have made the most of the flat-four engine's obvious advantage in this area. Compared with the 2012 Impreza's engine, the BRZ's boxer sits almost 4.8 inches lower and just over 8 inches farther back in the chassis. What that means is this: The top of the engine is roughly knee height, and the center line of the front axle is aligned with the bore center of the rear pair of cylinders"

According to the "other source" I can't remember, this also meant:

1) Because of the position of the engine, there is no way to use Subaru off-the-shelf bits to get 4WD

2) The exhaust had to be routed differently, and that precludes the use of the "standard" turbo stuff.

But there are good news, though :D