Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok For All You Mechanics Out Here....????

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww come on mudrat, let em have it!!!!

I am keeping quite on this because I know what the problem was and I'm guessing it is fixed now?

Ahhh the suspense is killing me but it looks like you're only in it for one dollar so far.....

great detective work by the way....

garner

Ok, For all you Slooths out here in USMB land.....

I forgot to mention......When this car is Dead Cold It will fire right up and Purrs Like a Kitten......If you shut it off though it is Done......This Cuts out all timing issues of it being off at the cam sprocket or timing belts...?

This Is why We pulled the motor after detirmining it had the very wacky Compression then Lack of compression IN ALL FOUR CYLINDERS.....?????

Now for all of you thinking the Cams Could be on the wrong Sides...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What Gives......They Are in no way shape or Form interchangeable......AS someone stated, The Disty is Ran off the driver's side, and it is about 4 inches longer overall......

If it didn't look so Good Painted Green With the Subaru Logo's in Yellow, I would have just tore it up for the useable parts it had on it, But then Brad Would Have cried...... :o

I have been very busy, So I haven't been able to keep up on this Post.....I'll let a few more guesses be had,

But what I really want to Know, Is how would you Trouble shoot this Problem....? To detirmine the Actual Issue....????

I'll post the Diagnosis Tonite Late.......

Stay Tuned.....John

P.s One Person has Hit it pretty much on the head, and Came close to figuring out how to check the issue already.....I'll pm him when this Thread Goes to the Archives.......

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

is it the exhaust plugged up like rallyruss said? that seems to be the only reasonable explenation as to why it would run fine then poop up when shut off. Any mechanical problem wouldnt solve itself after a cool down. still kinda wacky though.

i second the exhaust pluggage. Id take off the exhaust and see i could unplug it.

and yes it wouldve been helpfull if you had mentioned "......When this car is Dead Cold It will fire right up and Purrs Like a Kitten......If you shut it off though it is Done......This Cuts out all timing issues of it being off at the cam sprocket or timing belts...?"

I know this is kind of cheating putting my guess in after looking at the others, but my money would be on rings at this point. I don't have the experience to say exactly WHAT is wrong with the rings, but I think that's where the problem lies.

The suspense is killing me!:banghead:

I'm thinking the only way this is possible is if a rag or something was left in the intake or exhaust. Did whatever it was end up in the turbo?

I'm thinking a rag got wedged in the exhaust side of the turbo.