Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat & XT6 CarbonFiber Hoods

As far as the fenders go, Front and/or back, and where would you want the louvers? how far of a fender flair do you want it to go? Do you want an entire fender or just a quick bolt on kinda like the one at www.subarubrat.com? If you can find some pics that explane a little more of what you want that would be best... a picture says a thousand words! Thanks guys!

As far as the fenders go, Front and/or back, and where would you want the louvers? how far of a fender flair do you want it to go? Do you want an entire fender or just a quick bolt on kinda like the one at www.subarubrat.com? If you can find some pics that explane a little more of what you want that would be best... a picture says a thousand words! Thanks guys!
i would be very interested in an stock or modded EA-81 hood as well.

Leone1.jpgLeone3.jpg

i would be very interested in an stock or modded EA-81 hood as well.

Leone1.jpgLeone3.jpg

AMEN! Those flairs wouldn't be bad but what I picture is more like WRX or Mitsu Starion fender flairs. For the front fenders it would be cool if the flairs were intigrated into the fender and the rears could be rivited or blended into the existing fenders.

I would also be intrested in a XT styled hood, but I'm really a fan of the "xt-turbo" style scoop. My car doesnt run 14's (least not at a mile high) and I think it doesnt really need to stand out more then it already does. If you could make a replica of an 1987.5 XT turbo hood (aka, with dual mounting points), with a place to bolt on the stock turbo scoop, I would buy one at $300, no questions asked. I wouldn't need a scoop even as I'm currently running the 87.5 hood, I just love the way it looks.:cool:

BINGO!!! That is exactly what I was thinking. Or at least make the hood with the same mounting points as the WRX hood scoop. In that way, all you have to do is buy a used WRX hood scoop, tighten the littlenuts on the underside down, and call it a day.

Most of the guys with EA82Ts want to integrate TMICs on them. This would just make them one step easier to make the modification. If you could do something like that in CF or FG, I'd definately be interested.

Patrick

I think you need to add a scoop like the RS one on my XT6.....

18861.jpg

• 1 year later...

Am really interested in a CF or even FG hood for my EA82, would also love some bolt on fender flares...I think the fender flares would be a big hit with all of the offroading EA82's out there, something so if we have to cut our fenders for a little more clearance it will cover the areas...nothing too huge but maybe an inch or two of added flare...anyways, any updates?

I will be starting with OEM style hoods then moving to more elaborate styles louvers, scoops, crazy angles. If you need to increase your hood clearences I will work on that.

If you are interested in making CF hoods for the 87-88 Gen 1 Subaru Justy and the 89-94 Gen 2 Justys I have hoods for molds that you can use. I live in Midland, NC 25 mi east of Charlotte.

I would be interested in a CF hood for my 88 and 90 Justys if I could get them for around $250.00 a piece.:brow:

Have you posted on the Justy website?? I think you will get some interest from the folks over there.

Here is the website http://subarujusty.proboards20.com/

Jim

Anyone else noticed this thread is from february 2005?

yeah i saw that but i hoped that a renewed intrest might show that poeple really want this. i know a hood and trunk lid for my car would be great addition. nothing like carbon fiber on a $1,000 car.:brow: