Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rally Xers Beware (praying for rain)

ezapar

So what did the outside diameter turn out to be???

I still haven't measured my old Kuhmos but I'll try tomorrow. I'm just curious if the new tires are identical to the old.

How about de-studded ice racing tires? Would the officials allow those on the course?

Top notch work Eric. :slobber: quick question: do they make a lot of noise on the road?

Matt

They do, but it's relatively quiet compared to Super Swampers. I can still hear the music fine.

As a comparison, the other impreza we have has bridgestone potenzas from an 03 WRX. They seem to me to be about as noisey.

That OBS looks Awesome with those tires and wheels.

I got to look at your Forester, those Coopers look sweet. How come ya didn't throw some mud out on the track? It was a blast.

I didn't win or even get into the top five, but I think I got sixth. Whoohoo!

Ken managed to get 3rd, beat me every lap in my own car! The video we got of it was worth the drive down. Big ol clods of mud flying. The car needs more power!! We talked about that, and I guess cams and an intake or more are in order. The tires had awesome traction, but it's tough for that 2.2 to spin all four tires very well.

Fun just the same.

Congrats Ken.

I got to look at your Forester, those Coopers look sweet. How come ya didn't throw some mud out on the track? It was a blast.

I didn't win or even get into the top five, but I think I got sixth. Whoohoo!

Ken managed to get 3rd, beat me every lap in my own car! The video we got of it was worth the drive down. Big ol clods of mud flying. The car needs more power!! We talked about that, and I guess cams and an intake or more are in order. The tires had awesome traction, but it's tough for that 2.2 to spin all four tires very well.

Fun just the same.

Congrats Ken.

This was my 1st rally cross and I wanted to take my Forester out so bad. Especially after seeing how slick the course was. My tires would have been perfect for the course and probably would have done well. But I couldn't because I have a subwoofer in the back that isn't mounted and I couldn't remove it because My amps and cd changer are mounted to the back of the subwoofer. With all the wires connected to it. I would have to remove most of my stereo system just so i could get it to pass tech. I'm going to bolt my subwoofer down and try the next rally cross. I really enjoyed spectating the Rally. I took over 200 pictures and got pics of almost every car. If anybody wants a picture of there car at the rally. PM me and I will email what ever I have of your car.

Thanks Eric, the car handled just as you said it would. Tires worked great. I think the school helped me a bit. We'll see what we can do about the power. But, we may not need it if all goes well with the new one.

41 people took the rally/driver school. I think there were 2 or 3 in the top 5 of every class if not more.

Proud Daddy moment! My daugther took third in light truck. Less than a second behind Ed and a couple of seconds behind Brian. I time only drove in the afternoon. After the first run she was a second behind me on the first run. Scary thing is she is only going to get faster!