Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally out of the garage. New pic

Not done, but driveable. The only pics I had were of the car sitting in the garage. They just don't do it justice. So heres a new one for those that have been wondering :D

(There will be a readers rides article coming soon giving more detail about whats been done thus far)

82Picture_075-med.jpg

Might be worth tossing up before & after pics of your engine bay as well. :D

Here's the engine bay when I got the car from XSNRG:

caleb_and_car.jpg

Not much useful in it eh?:-p

Now:

Don't have any 'now' pics.. but this one isn't too old

82Picture_057-med.jpg

There are a few intermediate pics.. some with the old IC set up on the old motor.. with the old turbo;)

No roof scoop.. The hood scoop is a WRX imitation.. similar in shape, but a little narrower and better suited to an EA82 hood. There are now at least 4 other people on the board that I can think of that are using the same scoop. They seem to work pretty well and are just the right size to allow airflow over the WRX IC.

Front air dam, grill and skirts are from an 87 RX. Skirts and real lip are still in the garage waiting to be installed.

Some time in the next couple of months, the car has to make a 5 hour trip, so getting it completed enough for that has taken priority over finishing the beautification process

Uh, you said it was driveable. Whats it running like? Inquiring minds want to know :brow:

Its running pretty well.. A little rough when it first starts, but that mostly has to do with having the AAV disable I imagine. Main problem at the moment is that the car is louder than hell and it needs one new axle and an alignment.. Just enough that I don't want to drive it on the streets too much.

A whispered voice increases in intensity exponentially with every turbo wagon I see. It tells me those unalterable words, those seeds of obsession. I hear that voice creeping from my subconscious to my daily awareness. Slowly it is becoming a shout...

You Must Run BOOST!

You Must Run BOOST!

You Must Run BOOST!

You Must Run BOOST!

And now after seeing your wagon, dude it is screaming my head off!:slobber::grin::banghead:

Awesome job man, very sweet ride...