Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Please Talk me Outta this

I really need you guys to talk me out of something i have been seriously thinking of doing... My finances suck!!I live by myself in a very expensive part of the country.I am tired of half the time not having anything left over for groceries let alone anything for my own enjoyment. I have been thinking about selling the coupe...I can't afford 1 car let alone 2. I am thinking I jumped into it before I was really ready. And between the 2 I have to think logically..my Loyale is my dependable daily driver...the coupe is my toy. I mean I have wanted one for a long time but I can't even get a new water pump for her for a couple more weeks.

Am I just upset cause I knew getting her would severly strap me for a month or two and with rent being due this week I am just over reacting??

Please give me enough reasons to keep her.

Remember Connie, it's a project car... it doesn't have to be done today! I've had that little yellow Brat for over a year now... total mileage so far... 156 miles. I measure my mileage in MPB, (miles per breakdown). Highest mileage between breakdowns, 38.1. I know it will come together eventually... so hang in there kiddo.

Remember,

It's not your daily driver, it's a project car...

When you can, you mess with it.

If you have no money, you vacuum or wax it.

When you have a few bucks, you put in the most critical repair part.

Having a backup car is real handy when one has an expensive breakdown...

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Many backup cars...

Keep it

Your daily driver is getting old. The value of having a backup car is immeasuarable.

Because the coupe is not you daily driver, waiting a few weeks for a part is not the end of the world. I just started drving my wagon again.. Its been a year since I last drove it.

and finally, move to a cheaper part of the country;)

Remember,

It's not your daily driver, it's a project car...

When you can, you mess with it.

If you have no money, you vacuum or wax it.

When you have a few bucks, you put in the most critical repair part.

Having a backup car is real handy when one has an expensive breakdown...

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Many backup cars...

Arrriggght... I almost choked on my coffee when I read this! Have you been peeking in my driveway? There are more hours spent cleaning and buffing that '78 than driving it! Cheer up Connie... take your time and enjoy yourself.

Hey Bucky---Keep it!

I'm sure many are in the same dilemma. For me, a vehicle sat for a year. Enough money but no time. Seemed like it would never be on the road again. Alas not only on the road but entered in show. Moral of the story---there's no predicting what you or your vehicle will be doing even 6 months from now.:)

Geesh!! Even my boyfriend yelled at me last night (and he isnt a car guy). He said if I tried to sell it he would buy it.He says its just too easy to work on..specially after working on his 2001 Toyota truck over the weekend. Ya'll would have laughed hear my comments..like ...why it the motor layed out in a V I thought all motors were supposed to be flat? Where's the spare...what do you mean its under the truck...that makes no sence.

I truely love this coupe and I know its not that bad off...but I do need to get it on the road for about a month so I can get my wagon fixed right.Poor Bucky needs so much and I just can't take him down to do it.He is just so darn dependable but is derserving of some work.I have had my Loyale for a year and a half with only a broken axle (broke at 60+ on the highway and still made it 30 miles home)..and a bad plug wire. But he needs so much more.

Connie Connie Connie....what am I going to do with you?

You outright own it...no bank payments

It's not insured yet...no payments for that yet

You have a place to keep it...talk to the guy maybe he'll lower the storing fee

I've got 3 cars...I'm in the same spot if not worse off than you and there's no way in hell I'd give mine up.

I'll call you later...and stop with the un-do stress!

side note: as far as this weekend it looks peachy.

So soon,after that miraculous journey!!! I'll choke you!! :lol:

Seriously though,like Mary said...project cars don't have to be done overnight.Look at my fine examples.:lol: (gut busting-going to the looney bin-laughter!!!)The 15 year Ducati project???,the 4? year '78 wagon project??My turbo wagon sitting since just about one year ago????

I know how it feels.Just ride it or you only be paddling back out for more sooner.

;)