560cc injectors

WJM

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

would be interesting to see how injectors that big would flow with the crappy fuel rail.

I seem to recall in one of WJM's previous engine pics that he had ditched the fuel rail, and gone with equal length rubber fuel injection hose. I don't know why this thread interests me - I'm stuck with SPFI :grin:

No aftermarket here at all.

As for stoc crappy fuel rail....idk where that comes from, the design on the stock peice is excellent. Nothing wrong with it.

I did have the custom stuff on the GL-10...the RX is stock.

I do have the MegaSquirt...been in for the last 3 weeks. More than 9 psi=danger lean....i need more fuel.

No aftermarket here at all.

My guess/crapshot is that you either turned the pressure up on the stock injectors in a BIG way somehow - or you are using bigger injectors off a later car (IE Legacy, Impreza, SVX) - I wonder how much of a pressure increase you would get by pulling the fuel filter .....

I know there is no physical way for a SPFI injector to fit - though you could probably get decent fuel delivery out of one - they are designed so that all you need is one for engine operation - with four you would have PLENTY of fuel ...... If the SPFI TB throat wasn't so narrow, you could even use it to effectively richen your intake charge under boost..... you would probably have to machine it to fit anyway

sorry for confusing the RX for the GL-10 - I remember a engine shot, and that it was yours - and that it was some time ago

Yet, the fact that you have 8 injectors makes me think you got them off a V-8 engine - as subaru doesn't make these, and there are so many out there, I wont guess beyond that .....

OK, spill the beans, how are you getting your delivery - I'm getting a headache :banghead:

Well since will likes to play games with everyone instead of help, which I think sucks and doesnt do anyone any good.

Here's what I have done :

Here are combinations that I have found to solve fueling issues for modified EA82's that are real and tested :

Fuel Injectors that FIT DIRECTLY INTO THE STOCK EA82 MPFI SETUP :

80's Jaguar XJ6

Early 80's Nissan 280z and 300z Non Turbo and Turbo (turbo are 270-300cc)

Early Nissan 200SXs's, these are not suitable for EA82T's tho, they are only 185CC

Late 70's early 80's Mercades Benz 460SEL Injectors fit also.

I have actually found a company in Lakewood California that does Performance 280Z Turbo Injectors that are 450cc which is what I bought, soon as I find out how much they have I will let you all know where they are.

450cc is more than enough for any EA82T setup and will net well over 250whp if tuned properly.

Best option I found is to find a Early 1980's 280Z Turbo at the wrecking yard and take those, they are 270-300cc and $4/each at a U-Pullit, this will give you a nice upgrade from the Stock 210cc injectors.

Well since will likes to play games with everyone instead of help, which I think sucks and doesnt do anyone any good.

No one seems to care when i give good help.

Eveyone seems to doubt me.

Eveyone tells me EJ engines are better and that I am wasting my time.

I have done so much work in my free time getting aftermarket companies to make parts for our cars, only for me to get stiffed time after time with empty promisses.

why should I willingly and freely help those who deep down, DON'T CARE about these cars the way i do?

You guys spend $0~$500 on the EA82T cars initially...and then complain about every single little cent spent on it.

$400 header that will make 11ty billion power over stock and smae witha $200 downpipe? Ya'll beeotched all day long about the pricing after I worked so hard to get TWE to make them. Now that they are avalible, the REAL enthusists buy them, but the original people who wanted them stiffed me (those who didnt stiff me, I thank you and you know who you are and you know you are not one who I am talking about) and I've had to suffer from it.

other things, like oil coolers, headgaskets, ARP head studs, real suspension bits, etc...cannot be made to happen since ya'll whine about the $ when you want to make the cars go fast w/out supporting mods...and then you wonder why it blows up and then whine about how weak the engines are.

WELL WAKE THE F*** UP.

Take an EJ20G/EJ207...ANY EJ engine and add boost w/out supporting mods...

WHAT DO YOU GET?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like an EA82.

Yeah, so what if you made 300 WHP, you made it, right?! Wrong, you blew up your engine. That doesnt mean jack crap.

Jamaca has several 575 AWHP STi's on STOCK INTERNALS.....and they are reliable. HOW?!?!?! Proper time and $ spent on SUPPORTING MODIFICATIONS.

1. Fast

2. Reliable

3. Cheap

Pick two.

The injectors are stock USDM EVO 8~9 injectors.

Will, There's a few of us who are very appreciative of the hard work/ time your taking to figure out all of this. I myself is one of them and since I have a car to drive at the moment, the RX is getting the complete engine buildup done to it. I'm doing it right, taking my time because like its been said before, ANY engine can make a lot of horsepower, it just depends on how much money you're willing to spend. Then after the buildup, comes the time it takes to tune it right. Another reason why these engines go BOOOOOOM is the disrespect of proper tuning. Trust me, I've been reading all about the different parts that can be made to work in these cars and about 95% of them you have discovered.