Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mirror in the glove box...Rare???

I had one in my 1980 Cyclops Wagon. When I sent the car to Subaru Heaven (junk yard) I kept the mirror, as I keep some memeto from my cars when they are euthanized. The mirror has become a valuable tool when fixing spas. I use the mirror to read the specs on motor labels if they are not facing me or are hidden behind an equipment pack.

I had one in my 1980 Cyclops Wagon. When I sent the car to Subaru Heaven (junk yard) I kept the mirror, as I keep some memeto from my cars when they are euthanized. The mirror has become a valuable tool when fixing spas. I use the mirror to read the specs on motor labels if they are not facing me or are hidden behind an equipment pack.

PS. Wasn't "Mirror in the Glovebox" an English Beat Song???:headbang:

cool...I did a google search last night and didn't find a single subaru with one but found that Volvo, Jaguar and the Ford Falcon had them in the glove box also...I didn't think my '86 Hatch had one but had to go check anyways...so now it's got the mirror in the glovebox from my '83 parts wagon...glad I found it...I like my cars to be different and unique, so changing these little things will do that. :brow: ~~Lucas

its "mirror in the bathroom" by The English Beat

thats funny the title reminded me of that song too.

back on topic, my 83 wagon and 82 brat both have mirrors, both GL's

Yeah I know. I was hanging with Dave Wakeling a few weeks ago when the English Beat came through town. My now former guitarist, Chris (CPG) has a second band that was going to open for them and Chris, who is playing bass in that band was borrowing my rig. While I was wheeling my stuff into the show hall, EB and Dave pulled up. We chatted for a bit. Nice fellow. His guitarist took a pic of us together, but I haven't gotten hold of the picture yet.

PS. It would have been cool to have my bass rig open for EB, but the promoter and band member, idiot, who booked the show got into an argument over the opening slot, and said idiot refused to play the gig.:(