Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I thought it was a joke this whole time.

I saw a 4wd RS, it was an early bodystyle (square headlights) white with body colored bumpers, a red pinstripe job, and 12" alloy wheels. May have had a mild bodykit. Looked very factory (I dont doubt at all it was) and very very 80s. ;)

I still dont believe that there were factory turbo justys, we'd have seen pictures or at least factory documentation/literature somewhere. Maybe there was a company somewhere making dealer option turbo cars or something.

Ill see if its still there. It was black and said 4wd turbo on the side. I don't think its still there but i can check. Last I know the owner of the car had his junk cars crushed.

you know what a justy is right? It looks like a little suzuki swift. It sounds like you are talking about a turbo GL or an RX.

Er...I used to have one of those.

'88 was the only year for that--'87 was DL and GL only, '89 was the new bodystyle. The RS package was still available in '89 through I think '92 though.

The '88 RS package added body colored bumpers, white, silver or (gasp) gold hubcaps, and mirrors. Grey moulding with a red or blue pinstripe was available on white RSes and black moulding with red/blue pinstripe was available on black RSes. The alloys were an option. There were also dark blue velour seat inserts. All were 4WD 5-speed manuals to the best of my knowledge. Somewhere on the Brochures page there's an ad for one. There's also one (black with gold hubcaps) at Harry's in Hazleton right now.

I have seen a little 'rs' justy here in colorado.I saw it one time when I was driving down broadway.It was a white 2dr and said rs right by the justy name just like in the picture.The one I saw looked like it was the older body of the justy.

I saw one for sale at a "dealer" on colfax for the longest time... white car, red and like blue pinstripe, said RS on the doors and rear, it had mud flaps... pretty Boss...