Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Kangaroo Catchers, Bull Bars, Cow Scoops.. post pics of yours!

RavenTBK

I've still got a bit of insurance money left after the bastards totalled my old diesel Mercedes.. and after viewing yet another video from Oz and seeing all those bad rump roast bumpers on there, kinda got me thinkin "I must have.." for the ol' camo Brat. :D Since long-term plans include a hydraulic winch, it also has to include the bumper to go with it. ;)

In particular, I am very fond of the bumper on Subarino's blue hatch.. hopefully he will check in and give me info on it. :)

374304761uoBkzj_th.jpg

So how bout it folks? Those of you that have bad rump roast bumpers, pls post a couple pics of them... especially if you've got a winch stuck in it, lets see it. :)

I used Subarino's pic as a guide (sort of) when this one was built....

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1217&cat=539

Mounted winch and everything. Thats actually the kind of thing I'm looking for! Looks badass like Subarino's.. but with the winch plate too. How much was that, and/or where do you live so I can come steal it? Err.. where can I get one? :grin:

As for the rest of you, lets see some more pics! :banana:

my_wagon_now.JPG

My Bullbar aint that cool really, but my new 12,000lb winch (cheap one) made it all look good. the bullbar is from a VL Holden Commordore I think.

P.S. I still need to chuck some real tyres on it to really finnish off the look and capabilities.

subaru_brumby_bullbar.jpg

subaru_brumby_capejervis_water.jpg

Completely alloy (same as Subarino's I think) 3-4mm thick on the squre bits with 1.5" tube.

I don't think I would put a winch on a alloy bullbar though. Want steel for that. Or at least make the brackets and middle part out of steel to hole the winch.

Subarino's is an alloy bullbar, they are very hard to come by in Australia. the bloke i brought the car off made his own copy bar

2526485220095753049apVixg_th.jpg 2526485220095753049apVixg_th.jpg 2073376200095753049bdHJfy_th.jpg

Mind you he is a gifted welder

Here is another type made by Irwin bullbars( i think)

2836039660095762518MbUcJr_th.jpg

but apparantly it is not as strong as other sorts

It's a shame your not in here in Aus as there is a bloke here in Western Australia that is selling one for an MY. its in good condition to.

cheers chris

Mounted winch and everything. Thats actually the kind of thing I'm looking for! Looks badass like Subarino's.. but with the winch plate too. How much was that, and/or where do you live so I can come steal it? Err.. where can I get one? :grin:

As for the rest of you, lets see some more pics! :banana:

actually, the guy that made mine lives in Bradenton FL now....

not sure how far that is, but I can PM you his name.

actually, the guy that made mine lives in Bradenton FL now....

not sure how far that is, but I can PM you his name.

Sweet. That'd save me on shipping vs all these badass aussie ones. :D Bradenton is only a few hours south of me.

I need to review the budget again. My crude math last night totalled all the mods I want to do at well over what I've got available. But isnt that always the way. :rolleyes:

Well it's New Gen but I'll post it here anyway cuz its Cool. .

Slide in winch to receiver hitch too

bumper017.jpg

It's my own creation...

CIMG1235-resized.jpg

I'm in the process of doing the rear one now

I really like the way your outback looks, the bumper makes it look far more utilitarian and spartan(which is what i like, simple and tough). I would consider doing something about those fog lights, with them exposed like that I would bust them in a day; maybe cut holes in the bumper and mount them inside? anywas I like it, cant wait to see the rear. Looks like you got plenty of protection for the bottom of your radiator too. Plan on building a skid plate for your oil pan soon? :rolleyes:

I dont have pictures yet of my rear bumper, but my front bumper was hacked together with some 3/16" wall squre tubing, you can see in my avatar. The rear bumper I just built for my DD wagon is a peice of 6" channel with the ends cut at an angle to match the body lines and then capped with a peice of 2" flat bar... its VERY sturdy, plan on adding a hitch reciever and cutting holes to put in some GOOD reverse lights so I can see... I'll make sure to get pictures then.

• 2 weeks later...