Ultimate Subaru Message Board

honeycomb with 3rd eye?

theres a couple at the jy by me. if you want it just let me know ill get it and you can pay me back i wont charge you extra

cool soobgoob id really like to have one if it aint too much trouble. next time you go to the jy snag the third eye set for me and ill gladly pay you back

im assuming you dont want the grill? ill get the light. the switch and the try to grab some wiring, ill see. i think theres two there. one i remember for sure isnt very pretty but ill look for ya! but if you only want one thats good looking ill keep my eye out

im assuming you dont want the grill? ill get the light. the switch and the try to grab some wiring, ill see. i think theres two there. one i remember for sure isnt very pretty but ill look for ya! but if you only want one thats good looking ill keep my eye out

naw i dont need the grill but i need everything else. thanks man:)

You need the light. Unbolt the whole thing. The switch plus the plug and as much wiring as you can pull. The relay. Which is mounted on the passenger side strut tower and all the wiring from the relay to the light. You have to pull it from the harness. But it fairly easy to do. If any of the three things is missing it makes the install quite a bit more difficult. Also, the grill is needed for the pattern to cut out the other grill.

You might want to take pictures of the setup and all the parts needed before un-installing them from the donor car, especially if you're sending those parts to someone else. It'll make it a lot easier to install on the next car. Also might be beneficial to someone that has found a donor, and wants to locate and remove the right bits (does that make sense?:lol: ).

By far the most time consuming part of removing the bits from the donor car is getting the wiring..try to get it all, from the switch inside, to the relay, and to the actual light.

Just my 2 bucks.

• 1 month later...

I have the big chrome cover on my 3rd eye. Cutting the grill is fairly simple, but it takes some time to get right. Cut along the honeycomb pattern for the sides of the cover (Pretty easy). The hard part comes when you have to cut away at the back of the grill to clear the part of the cover that isn't seen. That can take a while but cut a little bit, hold it over the cover and see if it will fit flush against it's mounting brackets. If not, you need to trim more material. I can get you a few pics of mine, but not until this weekend.

how'd the installation go?

your grille adjusting will be a little different than Ken's as you have the big chrome badge on the front of your eye instead of the black cover..

installation was easy just need to wire it in. also i think i need to extend the wires so i can put the switch in my dash.