Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Upgrades for my Hatch....

headlight buckets courtesy of Moosens and Sko...

I reused the top inner most bolt hole, with a spacer of maybe 3/8". I just happened to have 2 of them in my soobie parts collection. they may have been the inner metal ring from the pitch rod bushings, or the top rad mount bushings.... either way, they were needed to bring the inside part of the headlight buckets out to the proper angle, and it allowed the other mount points to get close to some metal :)

then I drilled hole into the core support where the other top mount was, and only one of the bottom mounts, and used screws to attach. then I went about hacking up the stock bezels to fit and allow adjustments... they are really ugly up close, but I'm going to be looking for some filler to clean them up....

then the fun part. the 3 prong wiring for the low beams in the round headlight style is different than for the rectangular low beams... still the same plugs, but the orientation is different.

I ended up using a spare headlight plug and wires, and basically made extensions for either side, that converted the wires to the proper locations on the new plug.

installed new halogens too....

the turn signals are actually marker lights for a semi.... I have a set of cool round datsun turn signals, but they'll be a bit harder to install... maybe I need a nice set of signals from a gen1/Stage 1 4WD.....

the louvers are an ebay find. well, actually a combination of 2 different sets. NOS Cragar Products. bought them based off dimensions, and combines the side pieces of one set (24" high) with the wider slats of the other set... comes pretty close to the right angle. I figure it's gonna be as close as I can get without going to originals, of which I know of only one set, and it lives in CO :)

oh, and the louvers had an area underneath for the wiper, but weren't really designed for it... I had to leave out one support bolt with rubber cap, that spaced the louvers out from the window, and I had to convert the wiper arm to a side pin mount like the front, so the wiper assembly was "shorter" so it wouldn't his the slats... I drille out the rivet from the tip of the front style, and then drilled the hole in the rear arm to fit, and riveted it there. not sure if the fropnt arm can be mounted back there. I supposed it could, but it's a larger assembly with a larger spring....

the decal wording design, I just came up with Monday, so mine would be different :) than the ones I sell

that headlight conversion.. would that be using these headlight buckets?

Resizeofsoobystuff025.jpg

Resizeofsoobystuff026.jpg

Because I have several of those, NOS new in box... if anyone is interested. I have to double check to make sure I've got matched pairs and not all one side... but if the "conversion" is that easy, and anyone else would be interested, make an offer on the parts..

I'm procrastinating on taking alot of pictures, organizing, and posting them under "for sale" but I figured since this had come up I would make a shameless attempt to take a low-buck offer for the headlight buckets... :brow: apologies if they are in order.

• 4 months later...
D, go outside and play. You have to much time on your hands:Flame:

actually rob, shannon (86BRATMAN) dug it up, and i just posted in it.:grin: and i've been out busting my rump roast on my car all freaking day!!!!!!!!!! go to retrofit and look at muh thread.

but really that looks sick mick. i'd like to do that on my next soob.

those are next on the list... along with some Cooper Cobra 205/60R13s....

I think you have once again inspired me:-p . I plugged in that size to google and I'm thinking that will probably be the size tyre I put on my T-Coupe for rallying. I tried the next size up, 215/70/r13 but didn't get any hits. To bad, that would keep the stock height and add extra width. Hatch is looking great:headbang:

Later, Tim