Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I guess the bug-eye wasn't wierd enough; I'm glad to see the tradition of unusual looking Subarus is alive and well (the Alfa-Romeo Tribeca, the Baja, 80's sedans, wagons and hatchbacks). What could the designers have planned for the 2008 Impreza to continue that tradition?

When do they wise up and make a Legacy Coupe?

The surviving SVX's and Impreza coupes are getting a little long in the tooth.

When do they wise up and make a Legacy Coupe

I agree, or ANY coupe!!!! that new hatch might be ...sorta kinda sorta not really cool in a coupe.... but it'd be a coupe!!!!

...yeah they need a 2 door again...

with a MONSTER H6 3.0 Twin Turbo BWAHAHAHAHA.

6 speed DCCD front and rear Limited slip...

.....lets seee, what else do i want on it.....

Aaaaaaaha!! Someone else finally wondered the same thing about the ugliest line of cars ever produced by Subaru too! I thought I was the only one subjected to this crime against Subarus. I see them, well at least the Impreza models) alot over here in Okinawa. I want to hurl each time I see one. And people thought that the Tribeca was ugly! The good thing is, it only appears to be an add-on kit, so rehabilitating one(putting normal parts on it) looks fairly easy. Nissan also had a similar thing going on with the March. Kinda weird, but hey, that seems to be the Japanese way.

It was a concept, but yeah, it's an official Subaru vehicle.

I know they made a Pleo Casa Blanca also, and I also think there's a Vivio Casa Blanca, but I'm not sure.

Edit: This is the best picture I can find of it:

200106.jpg

I like it. It is reminiscent of the 360. If only the world slowed down enough so we could actually drive 360's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_360

• 1 year later...
My god, WHY!!!

That was the same thing that I thought everytime I would see one in Okinawa. The worst part about it was, the one that I saw the most, a GUY was driving, and doing so like it was the coolest thing on the road. I would cringe! YUCK!!!! I'm sorry, I just can't say enough about the choice in design.

Patrick

Edited by 4WDFrenzy

The front clip and tail light changes are not a pretty sight by anyone's imagination. Large circular two lamp system looks like something retro out of the 1970's. Retro of what? How and why did this restyle ever get corporate approval? IMO, it is the most dorky looking Impreza ever produced.

Dude, you're in the land of Dekotora :

Dekotora.jpg

And Dekochari:

decochari_141.jpg

And you're asking why for THIS?

200106.jpg

I know it's ugly, but at least it looks a bit normal.

I hate to think of ugly as being normal, as I would think of terrorism as being normal.