Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Documented: The 1970 FF-1 Project car...

Not really much I can do with that.

aw, come on. You could clean it up, find out what it is. etc.

:drunk:

You should call the guy at Subaru Heaven, he has the stuff you need. I can get you his number if you pm me a request for it. Before he sent the last batch of 800 Subaru cars off to the scrapper, he filled the 8 huge buildings with parts from those cars.

... he filled the 8 huge buildings with parts from those cars.

Holy Cow!

That's really a Subaru Heaven... Where is it? ... Any Website for Online Trades?

Sorry for a Little Hijack the Thread but I Need certain Parts...

So Kosta; that engine isn't the one for your FF1, isn't it?

Have you consider the idea to import a Rebuilt one from JDM?

I had a thought. I apologize if I missed something, but I didn't remember reading in the thread about the cam set up on that eBay short block (I assume it was some kind of NOS situation).

Fuji parts shipped a number of dry-sleeve EA-63 blocks cammed for outboard exhaust (intended for pre-76 warranty issues), but they also shipped dry-sleeve EA-63 blocks cammed for inboard exhaust (for later cars with the SEEC-T system and manual transmission).

If you haven't already, probably a good thing to double check the cam set up before breaking down and reassembling the block. Again, I apologize if that had already been covered in the thread and I just missed it.

P.S. I personally don't mind the wet-sleeve blocks. The one on my '73 wagon has never let me down. The heads just have to be assembled correctly with new crush rings and head gaskets, and then correctly re-torqued on schedule (something customers and dealers apparently could not ever seem to do right in the '70s). I suppose you wouldn't want to turbo charge an early wet-sleeve EA-63, but then even a dry-sleeve EA-63 isn't much up to that either. icon7.gif

Edited by leone

So I added up all the receipts I've saved over the years for this car today.

Total: $36,000

That includes the over $25,000 for the bodywork/paint.

It does NOT include the purchase price of the car (not much) or all the extra things I didn't keep receipts for (Paper towels, disposable gloves, gas money for all things related, etc.).

• 2 months later...

Surprise Update:

Got a early B-day present, some door/window edge trim seal (bulb seal, molding, whatever you want to call it) from Amazon.com. $35 for 20 feet, not bad. Still need another one for the driver side door:

Molding1.jpg

molding2.jpg

molding3.jpg

I tried to install the side rear windows, but I realized I filled the holes for the hinge :(

Its also a pain in the rump roast to install these windows without chipping the paint! Its not as easy as it looks.

As for the door windows, I still need some window channel felt in order to install the frames. And of course the trunk seal too.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright folks, I'm having issues installing the rear side windows, one of my levers is broken and I'm concerned the non-broken one is about to break. They are made of REALLY brittle plastic and I'm concerned, so I'd like to replace them.

Plus, I accidentally filled the holes for them at some point, so the holes for these are gone. Making new holes for different versions of these would be OK since I don't have any holes right now. Heck, I'm not even sure what to call these, anyone know the technical name?

windowlevers.jpg

FYI, I pulled some off of a later model Loyale, but they won't work. Way too different.

i was just looking at the head pics you have posted are you sure they wont bolt to a 1600? the holes for the studs look to line up by putting those heads on a 1600 not only do toy get more displacement but you still have the exhaust ports where you need them

There are lots of vehicles that would have something similar. Caravans had rear quarter windows that could flip open a bit like that. Sometime in the late '90s, they switch to an electric mechanism that could be operated from the driver's seat....

A quick search on ebay, brings up a few options, and it looks like dodge pickups used the exact same latch. These should be EXTREMELY easy to find in a junk yard.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Truck-Quarter-Window-Glass-Latch-Assembly-/260954163263?fits=Model:Caravan&hash=item3cc214883f&item=260954163263&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_8172wt_1016

this one lists the OEM part number too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-4512666-Side-Window-Latch-84-95-Caravan-96-01-Ram-2500-3500-Ext-Cab-/290668002122?fits=Model:Caravan&hash=item43ad29bb4a&item=290668002122&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_499wt_718

found a picture of one installed in a pickup:

ram-club-cab-1996.jpg

Edited by Numbchux